Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Would you pay $7/SRP for Bowman Draft?

Would you pay $7/SRP for Bowman Draft?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
Just wondering how everyone felt about paying $120 at release for box of Bowman Draft Picks in the future.

Lets face it, if Topps has to compete to get kids to sign their cards, then the price will have to be
absorbed by the buyers.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
Maybe.

if the auto checklist was shortned, the base list was beefed up, and both had good names, i would.

If they kept 50 autos of 4th round picks, no way

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
It would be a far more valid question if you said would you pay 7 dollars if you were to receive more than 1 auto in a box OR if the auto you received, didnt have a 50/50 chance of being the second or third card of the same player...

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
phillyfan0417 said:
It would be a far more valid question if you said would you pay 7 dollars if you were to receive more than 1 auto in a box OR if the auto you received, didnt have a 50/50 chance of being the second or third card of the same player...

Valid points. But I think the having to spend the money to sign the Kid A's will lead to a more desired product for consumers, who'll have to pay for it via the large SRP pump up

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
That is crazy considering....

1. Pulling a base autograph of a no-name prospect with surface imperfections and 80/20 centering would be even more painful at $120 per box.

2. Base cards are worthless (resale) and 80% are damaged during packaging.

3. Collation is horrible...plain horrible....not to mention centering issues that haunt the release in past years.

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
muchuckwagon said:

1. Pulling a base autograph of a no-name prospect with surface imperfections and 80/20 centering would be even more painful at $120 per box.

3. Collation is horrible...plain horrible....not to mention centering issues that haunt the release in past years.

80% are damaged during packaging? Where are you buying your stuff from?

ThoseBackPages

Aug 7, 2008
New York
justinmandawg said:
I'd need more information but 7.00 per pack isn't highend.

But what makes BDP BDP is that it is NOT high end.

for $3 you have a shot at a card worth over a grand. sure the odds are against you, but its possible

Now i will admit to possibly being wrong, but it appears to me that the newfangled blade company thats entering the DP market has decided to not produce a BDP level product. (Please correct me if im wrong here)

the forementioned company has stated that they want Topps to "step it up" and essentially pay more for
the Kid A's of the world to sign their cards.

in order for that to become reality, Topps would have to greatly up their overhead, no?

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
From my standpoint, I hope the slow down in the economy slows sales of new releases to the point they don't sell out. In turn, this will force companies to control costs in order to produce a low cost offering that has value on the secondary market ranging from 75-80% of the SRP.

phillyfan0417

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Greenfield, Wisconsin, United States
ThoseBackPages said:
justinmandawg said:
I'd need more information but 7.00 per pack isn't highend.

But what makes BDP BDP is that it is NOT high end.

for $3 you have a shot at a card worth over a grand. sure the odds are against you, but its possible

Now i will admit to possibly being wrong, but it appears to me that the newfangled blade company thats entering the DP market has decided to not produce a BDP level product. (Please correct me if im wrong here)

the forementioned company has stated that they want Topps to "step it up" and essentially pay more for
the Kid A's of the world to sign their cards.

in order for that to become reality, Topps would have to greatly up their overhead, no?

Topps hasnt done it because the consumer has never required them to do so. They put duplicate auto's in there and bad centering and all the other stuff and they are never held to any higher of a standard. The moment people started saying "chrome is king" they had no motivation to do anything. They put out an OK product and sell out, if I owned the company...

NerfXerks

Aug 7, 2008
HPC said:
Maybe.

if the auto checklist was shortned, the base list was beefed up, and both had good names, i would.

If they kept 50 autos of 4th round picks, no way

Pretty much ditto.

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
pujolsjunkie said:
muchuckwagon said:

80% are damaged during packaging? Where are you buying your stuff from?

Just like his men, MU is very picky.

Members online

No members online now.