Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

A little Pay Pal quirk I learned (that cost me $30)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
So, I made a deal and the person sent me thier PP email address. i went off and sent the PP. Then I noticed that the money wasn't accpeted. That's because the other person forgot a letter in the email address.

No biggie (really, if you're reading this, this isn't your fault AT ALL); I canceled the transaction.

What I didn't know, and I hope some of you can learn from my mistake: If Pay Pal initiates a transaction from your bank (which was the case this time) and it's canceled, the transaction still goes thru. They refund you the money directly to your PP balance. What they also do is wait a few days to do it.

In the mean time, i resend the PP, but this time (since PP was holding the funds mind you) it ALSO comes out of my bank account. Boom--overdrawn. A $29.99 overdraft fee later, and I've learned my lesson.

Some of you may have known this, but I didn't. I have no problem putting my mistakes out there for others to learn from :)

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
OD protection isn't worth to money it I would be charged. I do better at simply managing my funds :)

This was just a small ***** in the armor.

thinjim

Nov 16, 2008
Hey, oh my god. REALLY REALLY sorry about this. If there is anything I can do I will most certainley do it. I feel really bad right now. shoot me a P.M. if you need anything or have any quetions. Once again very very sorry about this.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
hive17 said:
OD protection isn't worth to money it I would be charged. I do better at simply managing my funds :)

Come again?

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
predatorkj said:
hive17 said:

Come again?

The armor= My flawless bookkeeping/accounting skills (when it comes to this stuff anyway)

The *****= this little thing i didn't know about Pay Pal

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
How well do you know the people at your bank?

Just explain the situation and see if they can give you a one-time "Good Guy" credit.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
hive17 said:
predatorkj said:
hive17 said:

Come again?

The armor= My flawless bookkeeping/accounting skills (when it comes to this stuff anyway)

The *****= this little thing i didn't know about Pay Pal

I was wondering what you meant by your first statement about it not being worth it to you.

Members online