Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who first told you about collecting??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

thinjim

Nov 16, 2008
Was it your dad, mom, brother, sister, grandparent, ect..

Mine was a mix of my older brother and my uncle.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
My cousin Jeremy...7 years older than me...Puckett and Murphy collector...I followed suit until about 1991 when I started collecting Thomas.

Jakpi20

Aug 7, 2008
My grandma, used to buy Topps packs/boxes for as long back as I can remember. Always use to go to the local Flea Market and buy cards all the time. Thanks Grandma J.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
I can't say for sure, but i know the love of baseball (from my parents) came before collecting.

It must have been kids at school. I can remember my first box of cards was a 1991 box of Topps.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
My grandfather on my mother's side.

He gave me a bunch of cards one day when I went over to his house. Maybe 8 years ago. I hardly see him, but I guess he's the one that started it all. It's weird, because pretty much everyone else in my family supports it as well.

yakacack

Apr 13, 2009
Tampa, FL
My father got me into collecting cards. We used to go to card shows when they actually had them around here and shops when they existed around here as well. All of the shops we used to visit no longer exist (with the exception of Wonder Water) and my father no longer really collects cards though. Now he collects astronaut memorabilia :)

lambert58

Sep 29, 2008
Melbourne, FL
A friend in high school (1984), boy I am showing my age, I ask him what he's doing Sunday, figure we can hang out & he said he is going to a Baseball Card show? What, are you kidding me? Well, I have nothing to do so I go! Holy Cow I said as I walked around. I think I have a lot of these cards. So I go home & dump my old Bose speaker box out where all my cards were. I find a ton of great rookies (at the time). I go next time with him and buy a bunch of 2004 Topps Update sets (Gooden) and a few boxes of Topps. A few years later I make a killing on all the 84 Fleer & Topps updates I sell to paid for college.

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
My dad. He gave me a wooden baseball card holder shapped like a baseball field with a cut out of each position. This was the card I always loved growing up, I think I was 8 or 9 when I got it:

javy.jpg

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
I have absolutely no idea when I started collecting, what i started collecting, or who got me into collecting. I know that I was way into MLB showdown and the rest is history i guess

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
The city I was born in.

I was born and raised in Williamsport, PA, home of little league baseball. No one in my family collected and neither did most of my friends. I blame it all on Carl Stotz

Members online