Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Kinda OT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

vetsgt02

Oct 7, 2008
Trona, CA
I am kinda new here so sorry if this type of topic is not allowed but I just wanted to share :) First of my son is 6 years old and this is his second season playing tball and he has done really well this season. He decided he wants to play catcher so I bought him his own gear and the Akadema Praying Mantis glove and he has been working so hard at learning the position. He has also been watching the Dodgers play and has made his batting stance a mix between Furcal and Kemp's which he did on his own and practiced at school when at lunch and snack from what I am understanding. Anyways I talked to the Little League VP today and she told me Neo (my son) has been selected for the Allstars and that he has a great chance of being invited to join a travel league this summer!! I know he is only 6 and it is probably not that big of a deal but I am so happy for him he told me he was going to make Allstars so I am so proud that he set a goal and made it! He has completly stopped using the T and has got an base hit in 31 at bats in a row!! I took him to the batting cages and he took 160 cuts off the machine before he would accept the fact we really needed to go. Well sorry for rambling I am just really proud of him and wanted to share with someone before I exploded :)

boomo

Sep 14, 2008
whether it is allowed or not, i always enjoy a future bowman draft pick story :)

vetsgt02

Oct 7, 2008
Trona, CA
thanks guys!! He is so driven abotu baseball. He does most of this on his own. I am one of his coaches and I knew he was doing alright but was shocked when the VP stopped us at the store to brag on him LOL. I bought him a DVD on how to play catcher and he puts it in the DVD player and watches it with the sound off just mocking every move the coach on the video makes. I am not one of those parents who talks like my 6 year is the next babe Ruth or anything but I think if he keeps this driven he might be pretty good :)

Jakpi20

Aug 7, 2008
Wow, thats awesome! Always good to see someone that young that into baseball, congrats on a kid with a great drive!

vetsgt02

Oct 7, 2008
Trona, CA
prozac4312 said:
Neo?

Is your daughter named Trinity?

Sigh.

Blame my wife I hate the name Neo I think it is lame LOL. Also I HATE those dang movies. She found it in a baby book and loved it so I was stuck.

Members online

Latest posts