Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

SDSU and Strasburg

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
I didnt get a chance to post it, but a few weeks back when San Diego State came into Long Beach State I went to go try my look getting an autograph of Strasburg. I had read on some of the inperson autograph websites that he had gotten really tough and I know that there would be quite a few people trying for him in Long Beach, but I tried my luck anyway. Well I got there at 3 and waited for the bus. I was one of three people and when Strasburg got off the bus he completely blew everyone off not saying a word to anyone. Then I went to go grab a bite to eat and went into the stadium. Strasburg game out towards the end of batting practice and stood along the railing of the dugout and just kept his eyes straight ahead on the field while he was the only one in the dugout. A coach rolled up and told everyone that was trying to call him that he'd sign after the game. At this time I thought my chances were done, but I grabbed these which most people would consider to be better anyway.
100_2719.jpg

100_2720.jpg

After the game, I knew I was in trouble when there were about 100 people waiting by the locker room in front of the bus, I knew the way the stadium was set up and he only had one way to get out, but I was sure with the amount of people Id have no luck. Well he came out and I was right next to him and he said I cant my hands are full, everyone else continued to ask him and he said there are WAY too many people for this. When he got to the bus he put his stuff in and an old man walked up to him and he took his ball and then everyone crowded and he yelled im going to do it. Well he probably got done with about 20, and then Gwynn told him he had to go, leaving many people without an autograph. While he was signing a flash went off and he freaked out. Yelling and cursing at the guy asking him if that was going on ebay along with his ball to make the autograph legit and authentic. He had a huge big league attitude and I am happy I got this..

100_2718.jpg

Hardest time I think ill ever have getting a non-professional baseball player

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
moxacaine said:
What a tool, i really hope the Nats dont draft him.

So, one experience over the course of one day makes him a tool?

Let's not generalize.

Bosox3

Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
moxacaine said:

Let's not generalize.

No, this is just about everyones experience w/ him now.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
moxacaine said:
Jaypers said:
moxacaine said:

Let's not generalize.

This is not the first time ive read about his poor attitude and im sure it wont be the last.

And on the flipside, I can point to instances where he was a cool guy. One of which was when a friend of mine got me his auto on an OMLB. I was told he was a gentleman.

It's one thing to describe a bad experience with him, it's another to resort to name calling.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Jaypers said:
moxacaine said:
Jaypers said:
moxacaine said:

Let's not generalize.

This is not the first time ive read about his poor attitude and im sure it wont be the last.

And on the flipside, I can point to instances where he was a cool guy. One of which was when a friend of mine got me his auto on an OMLB. I was told he was a gentleman.

It's one thing to describe a bad experience with him, it's another to resort to name calling.

Well im sorry i made a negative comment about your man crush. Im entitled to my opinion.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
moxacaine said:
Jaypers said:
moxacaine said:
Jaypers said:
moxacaine said:

Let's not generalize.

Well im sorry i made a negative comment about your man crush. Im entitled to my opinion.

If owning a ball and two cards of him categorizes me as having a man-crush....

Anyway.

Having an objective opinion on these boards gets you nowhere, it seems.

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
thefasterblade said:
So are you going to put it on Ebay to make money?

I'd like to because the ending prices on ebay for someone that hasn't been drafting yet are just silly, but there is still something to be said about principals and never selling an autographed ball I have gotten. It makes it harder when the guy hadn't really made me want to wish good luck on him.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Jaypers said:
moxacaine said:
Jaypers said:
moxacaine said:
Jaypers said:
[quote="moxacaine":1vwf9b3f]What a tool, i really hope the Nats dont draft him.

Let's not generalize.

Anyway.

Having an objective opinion on these boards gets you nowhere, it seems.[/quote:1vwf9b3f]

Just because you dont own a bunch of his cards doesnt mean you cant have a man crush. It was a stupid comment on my part as a remark to your need to defend his character.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
moxacaine said:
Jaypers said:
moxacaine said:
Jaypers said:
moxacaine said:
[quote="Jaypers":zokn99im][quote="moxacaine":zokn99im]What a tool, i really hope the Nats dont draft him.

Let's not generalize.

Anyway.

Having an objective opinion on these boards gets you nowhere, it seems.[/quote:zokn99im]

Just because you dont own a bunch of his cards doesnt mean you cant have a man crush. It was a stupid comment on my part as a remark to your need to defend his character.[/quote:zokn99im]

Actually, I don't need to defend anyone's character. I objectively provided a counter-argument to the OP's experience. Nothing more, nothing less.

And for the record, I have no mancrushes on anyone. I'm a "fan-spector".

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Jaypers said:
Actually, I don't need to defend anyone's character. I objectively provided a counter-argument to the OP's experience. Nothing more, nothing less.

And for the record, I have no mancrushes on anyone. I'm a "fan-spector".

Sorry but your comment was directed at my comment not the OPs. And your comment referred to the fact that i posted my remark based soley off the OPs experience when it wasnt.

Ive never encountered the kid so i can only base my opinion off of everything i read about him. I really hope the cause is that he is getting overwhelmed with all the publicity and not a result of his head inflating.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
moxacaine said:
I really hope the cause is that he is getting overwhelmed with all the publicity and not a result of his head inflating.

Now that was objective. :cool:

I'll drop the subject now.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
Yup he is a tool. He just signed as many autos as he could until Gwynn made him leave. And so what if he asks if it's going on ebay? That is where a lot of autos go. Why should he be entitled to make everyone $80-$100 when they ask for his auto? I'm sure Strasburg has a lot more things on the brain than signing autos for ebay fanatics.

Members online

Latest posts