Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

WHat do you prefer?

Baseball or Photo

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
Photo. By far.

It's much easier to recognize who it is, and it usually symbolizes something.

A ball is just too plain.

bigalexx

Aug 7, 2008
El Segundo, CA
Skorris CCBC said:
Photo. By far.

It's much easier to recognize who it is, and it usually symbolizes something.

A ball is just too plain.
I agree, except I really like my Ervin Santana autographed 2008 All Star Game baseball.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
I have a few auto'd baseballs and I like them, but too many would be prohibitive in terms of storage. The majority of my auto collection are on photos, cards, and other flats, and I prefer it that way.

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
Penno said:
I'll get anybody on a photo, but fewer on OMLB. Just the way I am, plus not every player justifies a $14 ball.

Bingo. To steal from a Seinfeld phrase, not every player is "ball worthy". My current criteria for getting a ball autographed is that the player is a current HOF'er or near lock or member of the '68 or '84 Tigers.

Alex

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Auto'd baseball's. No real reason, but I prefer them to a photo.

However, ideally, I prefer a auto'd card.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
For me, it really depends on the photo. If it's an amazing photo (in my opinion) - one that I would put on the walls regardless, I'd love it autographed.

Of course, between a weak or common photograph and a baseball...I'll prefer the baseball all of the time.

jlvjr16

Aug 13, 2008
I have always gotten autographed baseballs of my favorite players. Just two days ago I got Yogi Berra on a OMLB. Although, I need to start getting auto'd photos. They look nice too.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
I have a buddy who does the photos but in my opinion I can't realistically hang all of my autographed photos up so I figure why get them signed?I'd rather have the baseballs all lined up nice and neat.But yeah...it does seem a bit outlandish to get a $12 ball for a no namer or rookie.That's why I pick and choose.I will get any astro on a baseball but most of the other guys I prefer in a team type ball format even though I honestly have never gotten close to a fully signed team ball of any club.

Members online

Latest posts