Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

What type of Collector are you?

What type collector are you ?

• Team Collector-You just collector your Team

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Player Collector-Collector a certain Player on you team

• Auto Collector-Just grab up them Auto's!

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

madman1978

I have/will be posting this poll on several other boards.

I have really wondered what type of collectors I chat up on message boards. So what type of collector are you?
I am allowing two selections per person

Please make your Selection and why you are this type of collector.

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
Re: What type of a Collector

Morning Madman...
I usually find Joe Flacco RCs, and like to buy high-end packs. I usually sell the cards on Ebay after I buy any packs...
2 months ago, I bought a pack of 2008 Exquisite and pulled a LaDianain Tomlinson NFL PATCH LOGO / AUTO #ed to 1/1. I put it at $2,999.99 BO / BIN. Few days later, I sold it to a NY collector for $1,866.66 which is by far the most expensive card I have sold!

There are days I am either unlucky or lucky! ;)

madman1978

Re: What type of a Collector

excel_B said:
Morning Madman...
I usually find Joe Flacco RCs, and like to buy high-end packs. I usually sell the cards on Ebay after I buy any packs...
2 months ago, I bought a pack of 2008 Exquisite and pulled a LaDianain Tomlinson NFL PATCH LOGO / AUTO #ed to 1/1. I put it at $2,999.99 BO / BIN. Few days later, I sold it to a NY collector for $1,866.66 which is by far the most expensive card I have sold!

There are days I am either unlucky or lucky! ;)
I have a Extra Topps Mayo RC

SeattlefantillIdie

Oct 2, 2008
KENMORE, WASHINGTON
You don't have a "rabid-maniac, looks for anything and everything collector" so I chose the 2 most obvious choices for anyone who follows my Seahawk collection.... I am a player and team collector. That throws in any of the parallels, high-end, low-end, autos, G/U and any other possible selections. I do pick up other stuff periodically, but not as a "center-piece"

Groat

Feb 7, 2009
I'm a player collector first and foremost, I love collecting Clinton Portis cards. I collect mostly autos, nice patches and lower-numbered parallels.

However, I do collect other cards from my favorite teams occasionally. I've got a small assortment of other Redskins; in this aspect I concentrate almost entirely on autos (GU/Autos are a bonus.) I'm still looking for a suitable Riggins card to add to my collection, but I'm thrilled that Joe Theismann has signed everything UD has put in front of him this year.

deceptikon1978

Apr 7, 2009
I would mainly consider myself a college collecter. I collect every player from ND in college and pro uni. I also collect Steelers and some other stuff of certain players and work on a few side projects here and there.

Aug 29, 2008
I am sort of a mix between a player collector and a team collector. I don't collect just anyone on the Bucs but I don't collect anyone that isn't on the Bucs.

seahawks4ever

Apr 24, 2009
Washington State
I am a bit of a hybrid. I collect anything Seahawks but also enjoy putting together sets. Usually I stay low-end. In 2005 I put together the entire Contenders auto set and when Cedric Houston was a no-show for signing I got mad and sold it all off. The most expensive set I have put together since was the 2007 Topps DPP Class Marks auto set (40 cards).

Members online