Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Winner in first post..Contest for Tonight--Rick Porcello!!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
And the winner is......gvsu96!!!!

Porcello achieved each of the first four goals last night, so the prize is everything from levels 1-4.

Thanks to all who participated. I enjoyed this and hope to do more of this style of contest as the season progresses. Hopefully the prizes will continue to get better, and hopefully Porcello eventually throws a no-hitter :lol:

Ok so it's not really a secret that I have a pretty sizable stash/collection of my new favorite player Rick Porcello. The good news is that I'm all about sharing the wealth so I wanted to run this little contest in conjunction with his start tonight (8:05 ET against Greinke and the Royals) to try to spread my excitement to other people on the boards. Basically how it works is, you post in this thread and you’re eligible to win, BUT your post has to fill in this blank:

Rick Porcello > ____________

If your post doesn’t fill in this blank, YOUR POST DOESN’T COUNT. It doesn’t actually matter what you post of course because it will be a random drawing, but I just want us all to have some fun with it.

Contest closes at 9:00PM Eastern Time (probably around the 4th inning of the game tonight). Winner will be drawn either after the game or tomorrow morning and will be PM'd.

Anyway, the idea is that the better Rick pitches tonight, the easier I’ll be able to move some stuff on eBay, and the more stuff I can giveaway. There are seven different levels of prizes plus a bonus. A new prize level is added to the total prize package as Rick reaches the stated statistical milestone during the game tonight. The prizes and stats Porcello needs to have to unlock the next prize level are as follows:

Level 1—Porcello starts the game tonight ( :lol: gotta make sure there is a for sure prize tonight of course)
prize1.jpg

Level 2-- Porcello strikes out at least 2 batters tonight
prize2.jpg

Level 3—Porcello strikes out at least 2 batters tonight and pitches at least 5 and 2/3 innings
Since Porcello has been called by many the best high school pitching prospect since Josh Beckett, this prize is a little vintage Josh Beckett from when he was fresh out of high school with the Marlins.
prize3.jpg

Level 4—Porcello strikes out at least 2 batters tonight, pitches at least 5 and 2/3 innings, and walks 2 batters or fewer
Limited number of walks = pinpoint accuracy = Greg Maddux :D . Both of these are refractors and both are serial numbered
prize4.jpg

Level 5— Porcello strikes out at least 5 batters tonight, pitches at least 5 and 2/3 innings, walks 2 batters or fewer
Add a few more strikeouts, and I think we can start talking about a Nolan Ryan comparison :lol: :lol: . Card is really a pretty sweet Ryan insert and it also is serial numbered.
prize5.jpg

Level 6-- Porcello strikes out at least 5 batters tonight, pitches at least 5 and 2/3 innings, walks 2 batters or fewer and gives up five hits or fewer
With a performance like this, we’re talkin about the next Tiger Great! A little Morris dual from Prime Patches. Also serial numbered.
prize6.jpg

Level 7—Porcello pitches at least eight scoreless innings (Regardless of his K, BB, H numbers)
prizeRyan.jpg

And the final level really isn’t a level, but if Porcello happens to throw a no hitter tonight, I’ll give away one of my Limiteds. Might be a bit lofty, but hey, I’m putting it on the table. IF THIS HAPPENS, THIS WILL BE A SEPARATE DRAWING FROM THE OTHER PRIZES.
prize7.jpg

Hypothetically, the prizes could be levels 1 and 7 only. Other than this, whatever prize you win will also win you each of the prizes below it by default for the first 6 levels.

The cards I had to choose from as prizes were kinda limited right now, so I had to be a little creative with them. Basically everything is just a nice insert, and hey, free cards are free cards. I hope everyone has fun with this and will cheer for Porcello in tonight's game!

vetsgt02

Oct 7, 2008
Trona, CA
Re: Contest for Tonight--Rick Porcello!!!!

Rick Porcello > The Beatles

Which is saying alot considering The Beatles claimed to be bigger than Jesus :shock:

Members online

Latest posts