Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The random encounter with someone else who's a big collector

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
I am a military contractor and do most of my work for The Marines. One of the Marines (a Gunnery Sergeant) at the base we currently work at is a huge Red Sox fan and him and I were talking about this weekend's series (civilly I might add). We get to talking and it turns our he collects cards too. I was excited. He's pretty into it and is a HUGE Pedroia collector. He called his wife and had her drop off a box of cards to show me some of his Pedroia stuff. Some hightlights include:

2008 Bowman Chrome Rainbow including the Super and 1 printing plate. (He's looking for the other 3 plates) (Edit: Just found one on ebay, emailed it to him. Hope he picks it up)

2004 SP Prospects Pedroia/Garciaparra/Aparicio Triple Auto
2004 SP Prospects Gold Auto 1/10
2004 SP Prospects Platinum Auto 1/1!!

Some REALLY awesome stuff. He's also a big set collector. He doesn't post on any message boards, but I suggested this place to him. I told him it's an awesome place and he might be able to find some cards he's looking for.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
So that's where the Pedroia 1/1 is. I'm sure he could sell for a nice profit these days. I wish I had picked up more /400s when the were only $40!!

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
KandKCards said:
So that's where the Pedroia 1/1 is. I'm sure he could sell for a nice profit these days. I wish I had picked up more /400s when the were only $40!!

Yeah, I'm hoping he'll sign up here so he can show it off!

Members online

Latest posts