Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Opinions on denied postal insurance claim

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
Scenario:

Sold some cards on ebay for $21.75 and shipped through Paypal shipping with DC and Insurance.

Get an email from the buyer saying he never received cards. He lives in a large apt complex.

I said, that's ok, I will file an insurance claim for lost mail.

Got a letter today from the USPS denying my claim because according to their records, the package was delivered to the correct address.

Don't know what to do. I feel I did everything I could to make sure the package arrived, short of hand delivering it.

I am afraid that he would win if he filed a claim through paypal.

Any help appreciated.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
I don't know what more paypal could want. the DC says it was delivered and the post office agrees. If they side with the buyer on this one it just proves that there is absolutely no seller protection

UMich92

Sep 18, 2008
I pretty sure that if the buyer files a Paypal claim, he will not win as you can produce DC proof that the package was delivered. My guess is that it was delivered to the wrong apt, but wouldn't know how to fix it.

Alex

allstarauction

Aug 7, 2008
As someone who lives in a condo this happens to me all the time where I get other people's packages. Sometimes I accidently open them as I get up to 8-10 mailers some days and I don't check the address. I guess the post office is just so used to me getting the mailers that anyone else with a similiar address gets thrown in my stack.

SINFULONE

Sep 26, 2008
tonsofcommons said:
Scenario:

Sold some cards on ebay for $21.75 and shipped through Paypal shipping with DC and Insurance.

Get an email from the buyer saying he never received cards. He lives in a large apt complex.

I said, that's ok, I will file an insurance claim for lost mail.

Got a letter today from the USPS denying my claim because according to their records, the package was delivered to the correct address.

Don't know what to do. I feel I did everything I could to make sure the package arrived, short of hand delivering it.

I am afraid that he would win if he filed a claim through paypal.

Any help appreciated.

Tell them to go to the the apartment's manager's office and check there.I had this happen to me last year.It was dropped off at the manager's office the whole time and the post office mysteriously never left a note stating where they left it.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts