Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jays Fan Thread: Brett Cecil Impressive Again! Jays Win 2/3.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
Another good series by the Jays taking 2/3 from the A's... and improving there record to 22-12, Brett Cecil pitched another great game! Here is his line today:

8.0 IP 5 H 0 R 0 ER 6 K's 104 Pitches
Numbers to Date: 14.0IP 11 Hits 1 ER 1-0 0.64 ERA BB-2 12 K's

Next Up the NY Yankess, starting tuesday night with Halladay Vs. Burnett yeah baby! ;)

Shep :ugeek:

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Re: Jays Fan Thread: Jays Spank Whitesox 14-0!

I will say it again...move Snider up 2 spots, or just 1 I will be happy with. You need to string 2,3,4,5 hits together for him to get a chance to bat with runners in scoring position.

2 for 4, 2 walks, RBI and a run scored isn't bad.....it could have been a career night though.

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada

Wow 14-0. They are doing awesome. You're right nobody expected them to be doing this well. I'm pretty optimistic and I figured they be at around .500 all year but this start is awesome.

Lancemountain

Apr 11, 2009
Philadelphia

Wells is on my fantasy team so I'm loving it

V. Wells OF
TOR 14 @ CHW 0 (F)
3-5, 2B, 3B, 2 RBI, 2 R, SB, BB, 0.667 OBP

I'll take that any day :cool:

braden

Aug 7, 2008

EricInCT said:
I will say it again...move Snider up 2 spots, or just 1 I will be happy with. You need to string 2,3,4,5 hits together for him to get a chance to bat with runners in scoring position.

2 for 4, 2 walks, RBI and a run scored isn't bad.....it could have been a career night though.

I understand you have invested in Snider but from a baseball perspective, there's no reason to alter the line-up. This has been the hottest offense in baseball with virtually all nine guys hitting well.

Also, having Barajas between Overbay and Snider keeps the two lefties separated.

Snider will be a middle-of-the-lineup hitter soon enough but now's not the time to mess with success.

jarcar

Aug 7, 2008
Vancouver Canada
Re: Jays Fan Thread: Jays Complete Sweep Of O's - 18-9 On the yr

Great to see Richmond get another win. The Jays keep winning. Hope they can keep this up, and when they get some of their pitchers healthy... look out.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Re: Jays Fan Thread: Jays Complete Sweep Of O's - 18-9 On the yr

And they still have Arencibia in AAA. They will be good in 2 years, or even now! The AL East is going to get real interesting in a hurry.

dooly

Feb 9, 2009
great game today...cecil actually already got his own thread though for todays performance :p

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
scotty21690 said:
Wow what a game Cecil pitched, huh?? VERY impressive for a young rook, hats off to him.

Yeah I love him on the mound! He is no little guy by no means.... he's a big strong lefty! You gotta give Arnsburg & DOC some credit for teaching these young kids the right way to go about there business.

Yes I know it's early but basically every young kid they are bringing up is excelling.... Let's be honest Romero was basically junk in the minors and in the early part of ST this year they were gonna send him down, but Arnsburg asked if they could keep him around awhile longer and he has worked some magic with the kid.

Shep :ugeek:

Members online

Latest posts