Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

OT: Charity Event

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
Last night my wife and I attended a charity event called the Blue Ribbon Event. Its an event that is put on by the Parent Connection Family Services in Oshkosh Wisconsin. All the money raised goes to help prevent child abuse. Every year I try to donate something to it and its usually autographs of professional athletes. Last year I donated a bunch of autographed baseball cards and it went for $40 in a silent auction. This year I donated a autographed baseball of Brooks Robinson. I told my mother in law that if it got $50 I would be happy. Wow, the baseball went for $150. I never thought I would see a Brooks Robinson baseball go for that much but charity is a wonderful thing.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
jrinne said:
Last night my wife and I attended a charity event called the Blue Ribbon Event. Its an event that is put on by the Parent Connection Family Services in Oshkosh Wisconsin. All the money raised goes to help prevent child abuse. Every year I try to donate something to it and its usually autographs of professional athletes. Last year I donated a bunch of autographed baseball cards and it went for $40 in a silent auction. This year I donated a autographed baseball of Brooks Robinson. I told my mother in law that if it got $50 I would be happy. Wow, the baseball went for $150. I never thought I would see a Brooks Robinson baseball go for that much but charity is a wonderful thing.

Very nice, hey it was for charity so sometimes it gets more then you think it would.
I donated some things last year too and I even told the people it was a IP auto
meaning it most likely would not get much and it too did very very well.

jrinne

Sep 25, 2008
Pine Tar said:
jrinne said:

Very nice, hey it was for charity so sometimes it gets more then you think it would.
I donated some things last year too and I even told the people it was a IP auto
meaning it most likely would not get much and it too did very very well.

My goal is to donate a larger autographed item every year. Within the first 15 minutes it was up to $100.

Latest posts