Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Delmon Young's BC Auto sold for $13

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gomatt

Oct 1, 2008
Remember the good ol' days of buying and selling Delmon for $50+.

He has fallen far. I doubt he'll become the player we thought he would. I know that there will apologists that defend him, but let's be honest...

I had a ton of his stuff and sold it before the fall.

TelePlayer22

Aug 7, 2008
gomatt said:
Remember the good ol' days of buying and selling Delmon for $50+.

He has fallen far. I doubt he'll become the player we thought he would. I know that there will apologists that defend him, but let's be honest...

I had a ton of his stuff and sold it before the fall.

Funny that you mention this because I was just about to look up his stats on the season.. I remembered that I had a chrome autograph on Ebay, and I figured that by trying to milk out a couple of dollars to get $40+, I lost a bunch of money. Turns out I was right. :D I remember the good ol' days of Delmon selling for $115+.

Honestly, though, who would sell a Delmon Young card at this point?

edit: That Delmon was actually a bit of a steal.. a BGS 9 sold for $40+ on Thursday, and a refractor got $56 about 2 weeks ago.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Him and Rickie.

Here's a question: who has a better chance at bouncing back?

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
KandKCards said:
They are way lower, but they aren't $13. They still go in the 30-40 range.

[ebay:2zyarea8] 220396819411[/ebay:2zyarea8]

Feedback and centering both leave something to be desired, but it did sell for $13.38.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
i43770 said:
KandKCards said:

[ebay:1hd6bmel] 220396819411[/ebay:1hd6bmel]

Feedback and centering both leave something to be desired, but it did sell for $13.38.
I know it did but it seems like a fluke. The others haven't sold remotely near that.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
KandKCards said:
i43770 said:
KandKCards said:

[ebay:ivazbjni] 220396819411[/ebay:ivazbjni]

I know it did but it seems like a fluke. The others haven't sold remotely near that.

The centering on that one is pretty bad.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
I'm sitting on a ton of Delmon stuff. I broke all of my investing rules and bought into the hype completely. I still can't understand how his power just disappeared. He's still young (no pun intended) but there's been little to give reason for hope.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
His chances of living up to his expectations as a high average power hitter are pretty much done I'd say. He'll probably be a decent player for a while in the league. Not #1 in the minors good though.

It's funny, but he looks like he could basically end up like Dimitri 2.

Latest posts