Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do you care about "pound for pound" rankings?

Do you care about "pound for pound" rankings?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
So many people these days go on and on and on about P4P rankings. I for one could give two craps. In the HW division, I care about the HW rankings. Same goes for the other weight classes.

Just curious as to what members here think.

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
No.

Until the fighters get to fight all the competition through all the brands/organizations, how can you say who is what?
It's all based on popularity and assumed greatness.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Good to know I'm not the only one.

I really hate when people compare Fedor to Anderson, or GSP to Faber, or whatever else they can come up with. Until two fighters from different weight classes actually fight (at a catch weight, etc.) who cares who is better?

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
It doesn't really matter to me either.So many fighters have gain or lost weight to fight in a weight class.On a side note i think that certain organizations need to do a card putting thier fighters against eachother.

That way we the fans can see the best MMA fighters in the World!

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
Bornagaincollector said:
It doesn't really matter to me either.So many fighters have gain or lost weight to fight in a weight class.On a side note i think that certain organizations need to do a card putting thier fighters against eachother.

That way we the fans can see the best MMA fighters in the World!

Thats what the WAMMA belt is suppossed to be. Dana and the UFC are the only organization that don't accept it. For example, Fedor is the WAMMA HW champ and fights for M-1. Aoki Shinya is the LW WAMMA champ and fights for Dream.

Dana is a business man. He cares more about his org making money than putting on dream fights.

Aug 29, 2008
I can't understand why people hate on Dana for being a "Businessman". He needs to make money, his company needs to make money. People think he should just sacrifice tons of money by putting on fights that MMA purists will appreciate rather than putting on really good fights that will make millions of dollars, which in turn will allow him to advance the org. by signing top fighters and paying the fighters better. With MMA in America trying to expand the way it is how can people fault him for doing whatever it takes to keep the UFC as the leader for American MMA. Love him or Hate him, Dana White and the UFC, has done more for MMA in the states then probably everyone else combined.

While maybe not every main even he puts out is epic he's had more than his fair share of "dream fights" recently:
Hughes vs. St. Pierre x3
Penn vs. St. Pierre x2
Liddell vs. Couture x3
Liddell vs. Tito x2
Liddell vs. Wand
Liddell vs. Rua
Wand vs. Page
A. Silva vs. Hendo
A. Silva vs. Franklin x2
A. Silva vs. Rampage (rumored)
Couture vs. Sylvia
Couture vs. Nog (rumored)
We probably could have had Cro Cop vs. AA/Sylvia if he didn't fail so terribly.

peaceandlove

Aug 7, 2008
i'd take the UFC's "money grab" fights any day over crap like Choi vs Canseco. i can't see how people can say these other organizations put on better fights than the UFC. i've watched the last 2 Affliction shows and now i see Dream has a lineup featuring Jose Canseco, Bob Sapp, etc. those guys couldn't even hold Hunt's jock strap.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts