Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

SICK Mansfield show pickups - Prospects, 90's inserts, etc.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
Spent a lot more money at the show than I was expecting. Only went to the show with $150 and ended up having to pull an extra $400 out of the ATM. Today just reaffirmed to me that the Mansfield, MA show is hands down the best monthly show in the country. About 80 tables and a great variety of stuff - wax, vintage, modern, dime boxes, prospects, set collector stuff, and on top of that, all of the dealers are very friendly. Since this is the baseball board, I'll only post the baseball stuff I bought, but there were some awesome basketball and football pickups. Without further ado, here are the cards. I'm going to go outside and enjoy the weather now :D

Untitled-Scanned-06.jpg
Untitled-Scanned-07.jpg
Untitled-Scanned-08.jpg
Untitled-Scanned-09.jpg
Untitled-Scanned-10.jpg
Untitled-Scanned-11.jpg
Untitled-Scanned-12.jpg

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
mredsox89 said:
How often is the Mansfield show and how were the prospect prices?

Mansfield is every month and sometimes twice a month. You can find the schedule here:

http://www.cardboardpromotions.com

The prospect prices were great at this show. There were a couple of new dealers who were blowing stuff out. Picked up about 3/4 of the prospect stuff scanned from one guy for about 30% under market value.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
JVC said:
mredsox89 said:
How often is the Mansfield show and how were the prospect prices?

Mansfield is every month and sometimes twice a month. You can find the schedule here:

http://www.cardboardpromotions.com

The prospect prices were great at this show. There were a couple of new dealers who were blowing stuff out. Picked up about 3/4 of the prospect stuff scanned from one guy for about 30% under market value.

Sweet. I'll have to make my way to 1 when I get back to MA. Its a little over an hour away so we will see

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
Nice stuff. I was there for a bit, lots of those look familiar. Definitely the best local show I've ever seen.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
pujolsthomefan33 said:
I am guessing the mouse will be spinning the Turbo Lister wheel a lot here shortly....you got some well selling inserts...

Nice pickups

TK

Most of this stuff is going to be hitting CR in the next couple days. Some members have already started picking off certain cards.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
JVC said:
pujolsthomefan33 said:
I am guessing the mouse will be spinning the Turbo Lister wheel a lot here shortly....you got some well selling inserts...

Nice pickups

TK

Most of this stuff is going to be hitting CR in the next couple days. Some members have already started picking off certain cards.

Any update on auctions on CR?

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
Nice stuff! I like the Grieve auto.I picked up the green background version a month or so ago for a whopping $5.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
mredsox89 said:
JVC said:
pujolsthomefan33 said:

Nice pickups

TK

Any update on auctions on CR?

We're trying to work out the payment process. The way we have it structured, all items will be listed by a CR admin and will work like an auction house. We do want to eventually allow users to run their own auctions but that brings up a whole new set of challenges.