Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Question about non-paying bidders.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
Let's say a bidder wins your auction and fails to pay, so you file a non-paying bidder claim against him. If he pays while the claim is open and you refund his payment (if said auction was resold after he did not pay), would the buyer still get an unpaid strike or not?

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
In order for them to get a strike, you need to close the dispute by choosing the "I feel I have no choice..." option where you get FVF back. The strike can be removed later.

F-Topps

Dec 2, 2008
Los Angeles
Sadly they can file a Seller Non Performance Dispute against you if you chose not to sell them the item. They can also just appeal the strike against them.

flightposite

Aug 7, 2008
KandKCards said:
In order for them to get a strike, you need to close the dispute by choosing the "I feel I have no choice..." option where you get FVF back. The strike can be removed later.

Right, I'm just wondering if when the buyer email ebay and says that he paid for the item, but was refunded, if they will take his strike off. I'm assuming yes because of all the other pro-buyer, anti-seller policies of the site.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
flightposite said:
KandKCards said:

Right, I'm just wondering if when the buyer email ebay and says that he paid for the item, but was refunded, if they will take his strike off. I'm assuming yes because of all the other pro-buyer, anti-seller policies of the site.

Yes they will take the strike off (if indeed you were even able to give them a strike in the first place, I wouldn't think that to be possible since in fact the buyer paid in "Ebay's" time limit). The negative feedback which they give you will also stick. :| Good Luck with your situation bud, I know Ebay is "Pro-Buyer" so much to the point it is sickening (Ebay will probably frown on you selling the item before thier time limit on the transaction expired- pretty crummy huh?). Later bud, Dave. :D

Members online

Latest posts