Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Niemann vs. Sonnanstine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
Man, I'm watching the Rays game right now, and Andy is looking pretty bad. He hasn't looked that great in any of his starts this year. Niemann has been pitching well, and I wonder if the Rays would consider bumping Sonnanstine instead once Price comes up. At this point that sure looks like it would be the smartest move. Especially since I don't think Niemann is suited well for the bullpen.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
I agree with you on that one. However, I don't think the Rays will take out a guy who was a staple in the rotation for an entire season in exchange for two rookies.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
What really concerns me about Sonny is the number of walks he has issued already. He has never had overpowering stuff, but his control was impeccable. So far he's averaging nearly triple the number of walks he did last year.

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
KandKCards said:
Jaypers said:
Put Sonny in the pen.
I don't think he has any value in the pen other than maybe as a long reliever....

He'd be a much better reliever than most of the washed up guys currently serving in that capacity.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
Jaypers said:
KandKCards said:
Jaypers said:
Put Sonny in the pen.
I don't think he has any value in the pen other than maybe as a long reliever....

He'd be a much better reliever than most of the washed up guys currently serving in that capacity.
That's true...but a guy who throws under 90 MPH and can have problems walking guys is not a guy you want in the pen.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
KandKCards said:
Jaypers said:
KandKCards said:
Jaypers said:
Put Sonny in the pen.

That's true...but a guy who throws under 90 MPH and can have problems walking guys is not a guy you want in the pen.

Sonnanstine USUALLY has no trouble with walks. Last year it was a bad game if he gave up two in one start. His uncharacteristic wildness is what has been getting him into trouble this year.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
cowboysrule48 said:
KandKCards said:
Jaypers said:
KandKCards said:
Jaypers said:
Put Sonny in the pen.

Sonnanstine USUALLY has no trouble with walks. Last year it was a bad game if he gave up two in one start. His uncharacteristic wildness is what has been getting him into trouble this year.
The fact that he is currently throwing batting practice doesn't help either :lol:

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
I agree. Sonny to the pen with Niemann in the rotation. I wouldn't mind that happening sooner than later. I also wouldn't mind seeing Wade Davis called up first and given a crack at the rotation. Keep Price in the minors a few more months so he's fresh down the stretch.

cowboysrule48

Aug 7, 2008
Orlando, FL
We should have kept Edwin, especially with our plethora of outfielders. Joyce isn't even getting a chance right now. I think Jackson could have made a heck of a closer.

andyduke86

Nov 22, 2008
I agree with that as well. I thought it was a terrible trade at the time as Jackson seems to finally be putting it together in becoming an average mlb pitcher.

Members online