Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Going to Boston for the first time to see the Sox play

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
I'll be going the first weekend in June to see the Sox play the Rangers. I'm looking for some help about what to see and do between games. My friends and I would also like to know what food Boston is famous for so we can check that out too. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
Have fun!
If you are looking for a shop or two, JJ Teaparty is the best in town.
There are some others around but you'll need a car or have to take the T out of the city.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
rebelpawn said:
Have fun!
There are some others around but you'll need a car or have to take the T out of the city.

JJ Teaparty moved to Kenmore Square and is now known as "Kenmore Collectibles."

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
CAROLINA BOSOX said:
I'll be going the first weekend in June to see the Sox play the Rangers. I'm looking for some help about what to see and do between games. My friends and I would also like to know what food Boston is famous for so we can check that out too. Any suggestions would be appreciated, thanks.

Stay away from anything around Fenway near game time, unless you don't actually want to get into the park. If you don't feel comfortable leaving the area around the ballpark, though, there's a BBQ place about a block away on Brookline Ave. called BB Wolf. It's usually less crowded than Game On or Boston Beer Works.

However, a short walk (or subway trip) away is Boylston St., which will extend all the way to Park Plaza (5 or 6 blocks), and you'll pass any of a dozen excellent restaurants.

If you like Italian, go to the North End, and pick a hole in the wall place with no sign. You'll be amazed.

If you want seafood, Anthony's Pier 4 is the place to go. People will recommend Legal Sea Food, and it's good, but not the best.

Boston is a very underrated food city, because people always associate it with chowder. But there are many outstanding places to eat.

CAROLINA BOSOX

Aug 12, 2008
Goose Creek, SC
Thanks guys, I appreciate all the insight. I will put all this to paper and make sure I check these places out. I didn't know about the Science museum, we will definitely stop there.

How about the Fenway tour? Worth signing up for?

rebelpawn

Aug 7, 2008
La Jolla. CA
JVC said:
rebelpawn said:
Have fun!

Oh man I've been gone longer than I thought!
Thanks!

And yes take the tour, it's pretty cool. Not as good as it once was but still fun.

r2d2

Aug 24, 2008
Mexico City
rebelpawn said:
JVC said:
rebelpawn said:
Have fun!

Oh man I've been gone longer than I thought!
Thanks!

And yes take the tour, it's pretty cool. Not as good as it once was but still fun.

Definitely take the tour!
They take you to the green monster seat and the budwiser pavilion in right field.
Also you see the suites, the restaurant, etc.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
dont go on the tour

food
popeyes (brookline ave)
uburger (kenmore square)
wings over brookline (harvard street), right off comm ave
quincy market has tons of good places
the road house, this is in brookline though, close to boston though, its the best ribs around probably

idk wat else r u looking for man

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
miguelcabrera said:
food
popeyes (brookline ave)

Look, I know you're a young'n and all, but Popeye's should be about 1000th on the list of places to eat in Boston. And not that it's bad, but you should always try and pick a place unique to that city while you're there.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
bungle77 said:
miguelcabrera said:
food
popeyes (brookline ave)

Look, I know you're a young'n and all, but Popeye's should be about 1000th on the list of places to eat in Boston. And not that it's bad, but you should always try and pick a place unique to that city while you're there.

lawls, popeyes is good man, what restaurants do you like, eastern standard is good no?
i cant think of any unique ones right now for some reason

Members online

Latest posts