Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How would you respond?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KLARNOLD

Sep 17, 2008
Owensboro, KY
I was looking for a card on ebay and could not find one so I started searching Google. I found the card I was looking for and emailed the owner of the card. Two days later I get an email back from his wife and she tells me that he died in November, 2007. She also goes on to tell me that she hasn't done anything with his collection and doesn't know what to do. Now I feel really bad. How would you respond/reply back to the widow?

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
If I responded at all it would be merely be to tell her that I was sorry for her loss and if she ever needed help/or has questions with the collection, she can feel free to email you, call you, etc.

Just dont say what we all want to say.........sell me the collection...

TK

Resident Bay Fan

Aug 7, 2008
Northern Maine
pujolsthomefan33 said:
If I responded at all it would be merely be to tell her that I was sorry for her loss and if she ever needed help/or has questions with the collection, she can feel free to email you, call you, etc.

Just dont say what we all want to say.........sell me the collection...

TK

+1

muskiesfan

Aug 7, 2008
Murfreesboro, TN
I think TK is pretty much right on here. I would say that I am sorry for her loss and that if she needs help moving the collection to let you know. I'm really not sure that there is anything else to say. I would to see is she responded to that and go from there.

Joe

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
I'm glad that i'm not the only one that had that thought right off the bat.

I agree with everyone here. Just offer your assistance and expertise and leave it at that.

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
Glad to see most people are agreeing....I have actually been in the same situation where I actually did the stupid thing and asked "How much would you sell it all to me for".......needless to say that did not go over to well....

::facepalm::

TK

trevordchi

Aug 9, 2008
pujolsthomefan33 said:
Glad to see most people are agreeing....I have actually been in the same situation where I actually did the stupid thing and asked "How much would you sell it all to me for".......needless to say that did not go over to well....

TK

I'm not real sure why you guys think it is such a bad idea to offer to buy the collection. She hasn't done anything with it for 18 months so she probably has no idea what to do with it. If someone offered her half of what they would be worth if you sold them all individually she would probably consider it a huge favor. Everyone wins.

I hope if I die unexpectedly someone will buy my collection from my wife and not make her stress or work too hard to get it done.

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
trevordchi said:
pujolsthomefan33 said:

TK

I'm not real sure why you guys think it is such a bad idea to offer to buy the collection. She hasn't done anything with it for 18 months so she probably has no idea what to do with it. If someone offered her half of what they would be worth if you sold them all individually she would probably consider it a huge favor. Everyone wins.

I hope if I die unexpectedly someone will buy my collection from my wife and not make her stress or work too hard to get it done.

There is nothing wrong to offer and help, but to just come out and ask to sell it to you...1) kind of seems like you dont really care that her husband died, you just want the collection and 2) you dont know if she is attached to them or wants to keep them.

Its better in my mind to offer and answer questions or help her find values etc. and let her if she decides to sell come to you....

TK

Members online

Latest posts