Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

FCB MONDAY....How did your team do in the draft????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ryo1549

Aug 17, 2008
Round Rock, TX
Gimme your grade of how your team did?

49ers....

Most would think I'd give them a super high grade. Maybe an AAAAAA. However I think we had a B-. I mean hell yeah we got Crabtree and WR has been a glaring need of ours for a couple of years now. Isaac Bruce is back for another year to help mentor Crabtree, Jerry Rice is being rumored to star working with Crabs etc. Great. Love it. So with the 2nd round pick I assume we start getting linemen as one of the worst O-Lines last year. We sign Marvel Smith which is fine but will he hold up for the year? Maybe. So instead of taking the best linemen available we trade it. Oh ok for extra picks? No. For next a pick next year. We coupled our 2nd and 4th for the Panthers next year 1st round pick. This tells me we're going to take a QB next year thus prolonging the rebuild..again. In the third round we take Glen Coffee which is a solid pick. He's a downhill runner and fits perfectly into the system. The rest of the draft was pretty solid taking the most value with those picks, but what baffles me is that we didn't even take a single offensive lineman.

excel_B

Feb 5, 2009
Baltimore, Maryland
I think the Ravens got the steal of the Draft by selecting Michael Ohar - Ohar will definitely keep pressure off from Flacco... Kinda surprised that we didn't get a WR. Our weakest link since both Derrick Mason and Mark Clayton is entering their last year of the contracts. Hopefully Demetrius Williams will recover and make some surprises???

Shocked to know Heyward-Bey was drafted first ahead of Crabtree...

Ryo1549

Aug 17, 2008
Round Rock, TX
excel_B said:
I think the Ravens got the steal of the Draft by selecting Michael Ohar - Ohar will definitely keep pressure off from Flacco... Kinda surprised that we didn't get a WR. Our weakest link since both Derrick Mason and Mark Clayton is entering their last year of the contracts. Hopefully Demetrius Williams will recover and make some surprises???

Shocked to know Heyward-Bey was drafted first ahead of Crabtree...

Was the best pick of the draft :) Love the raiders hehehe.

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Dallas Cowboys - ::facepalm::

No first round pick because we gave it up for Bust Williams. Then a trade out of the second round, which isn't too bad since we got a couple. I feel they drafted people they didn't need first, and ignored the holes in the secondary.

Seiya

Aug 7, 2008
Chula Vista, CA
Chargers
B+

English was a reach, we could have gotten some extra picks by trading down and still getting him. Sort of dissapointed we didn't get Maualuga but what can you do.

G

My Raiders get an Z!

Effin' pissed....but not surprised.....gonna be a Jets fan until Al Davis dies.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
I loved the Pats draft. Nothing flashy, but Chung will be our third safety, Butler will be one of our top 3 corners, Brace brings NT depth in case something happens to Wilfork or if he leaves, Vollmer has a year to develop and could develop into an absolute beast (6'8, 315). The Tate pick was kind of a flyer, and I think he has a lot of potential, especially as a KR, but he probably will be PUP'ed this year and then IR'ed. I love the third round pick of Tyrone Mackenzie, brings speed and tackling to a thin LB corps.
Not to mention we traded 2 of our 4 3rd round picks for 2 second rounders in 2010, so we are already in great shape for another deep draft in 2010.

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
Good Draft for the Vikes a potential big receiver in Harvin and a big asss right tackle wish we still had birk though

CollectorsCorner

Super Moderator
Feb 13, 2009
my first 2 golds from last night for those who didnt see

fitzgold.jpg
boldingold.jpg

and thanks to GROAT I found a nice display for them once I get more

ross9013

Feb 26, 2009
Toronto, Canada
Eagles: A

We got the second best WR going into the draft. Instead of traking the pick away and others possibly away to get Boldin we drafted a younger receiver to develop with Desean which I think is better for the team. They addressed their second need a RB, with their second round pick of Lesean Mccoy who surprisingly was still there. You almost have to include getting Jason Peters and Ellis Hobbs as a part of the draft too. Great draft by the Eagles and I can't wait for the season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.