Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Why the Hell Would Anderson Silva Retire?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HPC

Aug 12, 2008
Phoenix, AZ
This is beginning to be more than rumor now, and is being talked about more mainstream

I still have no idea why he would!

the guy is 22-4 and is maybe in the prime of his career.

I know he wants to fight Roy Jones, but come on, dont be a ******* and lose your breadmaker for some dumb fight with an old man like Jones

G

HPC said:
This is beginning to be more than rumor now, and is being talked about more mainstream

I still have no idea why he would!

the guy is 22-4 and is maybe in the prime of his career.

I know he wants to fight Roy Jones, but come on, dont be a ******* and lose your breadmaker for some dumb fight with an old man like Jones

I don't know man. I have not idea what's brought this about.

peaceandlove

Aug 7, 2008
i think if he continues to fight at LHW and ends up winning that belt as well, i could see him retiring easily. he's driven by competition, not money. if he ends up feeling like there's no competition for him anymore then he'll lose the desire to fight.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
.....because he is a smart man with a normal outlook on life and his career.

Money has never been a thing of importance to Anderson, and he values pride/love of the sport more than anything. He would rather be able to coach and promote younger fighters than be fighting way too long and be called a has been (think Chuck, Randy, Shamrock, etc and how people talk about them now).

I respect Anderson Silva greatly for his ability to make this decision.

G

I guess it's better to retire early than wear out your welcome like somebody like Ken Shamrock or Tank Abbott.

peaceandlove

Aug 7, 2008
NECpilgrims8 said:

Money has never been a thing of importance to Anderson, and he values pride/love of the sport more than anything. He would rather be able to coach and promote younger fighters than be fighting way too long and be called a has been (think Chuck, Randy, Shamrock, etc and how people talk about them now).

i agree completely. He's a class act.

mikieward10

Oct 1, 2008
NECpilgrims8 said:

I agree 100%

hector234

Sep 14, 2008
I don't know. I know Silva is a class act, and I don't think he would retire. But come on, how much more money would he be making as a pro boxer? If he fought Roy Jones, he'd probably earn more money than he would fighting 6 mma fights. Look at the money that boxers make, it's obsurd. De La Hoya makes 20 million a fight. Mayweather and all those other great fighters easily bank in 5-8 millions a fight. You don't think that would lead some guys to go to boxing? Especially since they have a large MMA fan base.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
hector234 said:
I don't know. I know Silva is a class act, and I don't think he would retire. But come on, how much more money would he be making as a pro boxer? If he fought Roy Jones, he'd probably earn more money than he would fighting 6 mma fights. Look at the money that boxers make, it's obsurd. De La Hoya makes 20 million a fight. Mayweather and all those other great fighters easily bank in 5-8 millions a fight. You don't think that would lead some guys to go to boxing? Especially since they have a large MMA fan base.

Not a chance. Anyone deep into MMA knows the beef between boxing and MMA. The only MMA fighter to turn to boxing (probably) is KJ Noons, because he is a big cry baby.

hector234

Sep 14, 2008
NECpilgrims8 said:
hector234 said:

Not a chance. Anyone deep into MMA knows the beef between boxing and MMA. The only MMA fighter to turn to boxing (probably) is KJ Noons, because he is a big cry baby.

lol, yeah, he wants to box now, because he said EliteXC wasn't paying him enough. This rumor was put the rest by Silva and his manager a while back though.

Members online

Latest posts