Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

THIS JUST IN: BGS GRADES

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
did a 5 card piggyback with messier. very happy with 2
others were 9's including a aflac vitters [missed by .5 being gem] and parra contenders [realized i sent wrong card afterfact--have 12 total]

now for the 2 big boys

BUSTER POSEY CONTENDERS AUTO GEM MINT 9.5
JESUS MONTERO BOWMAN CHROME X-FRACTOR AUTO GEM MINT 9.5

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
jdacunha said:
nice grade on the montero.

I sent 22 montero's to be graded. Hoping I have some luck.

The monteros shouldn't be a hard grade.....just centering is the issue.....if you have a clean surface and slight right justified centering (what I believe they are looking for to reach a 10) left to right and 50-50 top and bottom or thereabouts, you should receive 15-18 9.5s without any problems. The 2008 Bowman Chromes grade at almost a 85%+ or higher clip. Just take your favorite player and look at the population report.

jdacunha

Nov 12, 2008
Newark, NJ
EricInCT said:
jdacunha said:
nice grade on the montero.

I sent 22 montero's to be graded. Hoping I have some luck.

The monteros shouldn't be a hard grade.....just centering is the issue.....if you have a clean surface and slight right justified centering (what I believe they are looking for to reach a 10) left to right and 50-50 top and bottom or thereabouts, you should receive 15-18 9.5s without any problems. The 2008 Bowman Chromes grade at almost a 85%+ or higher clip. Just take your favorite player and look at the population report.

Yea, they all looked good. I am really hoping the orange and gold I sent in come back as 9.5s. The Blues are going to be very hard grades, the centering on most is brutal.

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008
no xfractor line and great centering led me to send my 1 in. The base one that I had had slight centering issues so I passed on it.

abncollectsautos

Aug 9, 2008
Georgia
mredsox89 said:
abncollectsautos said:
nice stuff. im not at all a fan of grading, but those are some good grades

Same with me, but so long as the profit potential is there I will continue to do it

yeah, i have seen alot of guys make tons of money off a rather low end card that grades like a 9.5. good luck to all who grade

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Blue Hodges Reverend said:
no xfractor line and great centering led me to send my 1 in. The base one that I had had slight centering issues so I passed on it.

FYI.....2007 was the last year of the xfractor lines.

Messier2

Aug 10, 2008
I love sending in cards for grading...it's such a thrill when it comes back a 9.5 or better!

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
EricInCT said:

Yeah... how did they rid themselves of those? just curious.

Shep :ugeek:

The_ReverendAct2

Aug 7, 2008

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
shephech said:
EricInCT said:

Yeah... how did they rid themselves of those? just curious.

Shep :ugeek:

Manufacturing enhancments.....also notice the corners are much better than previous years also an enhancement.

Members online