Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Completely meaningless stats about Albert Pujols

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

leatherman

Aug 7, 2008
The Atlanta suburbs
Seriously...these stats are completely meaningless.

Albert Pujols' RBI totals decreased every year for his first five seasons. In his fifth season, with his LOWEST career RBI total (at the time), he won the MVP.

His walks INCREASED every year for his first 5 seasons. He also matched or increased his stolen bases each of his first 5 seasons.

His official at bats from his first 5 seasons: 590, 590, 591, 592, 591. He is the only person in MLB history to have more than 2 seasons in which they had between 590-592 ABs: http://www.baseball-reference.com/play- ... areit/Hbvz

An interesting stat about David Ortiz: His HRs increased every year from 1999 to 2006 (8 seasons):
1999 0
2000 10
2001 18
2002 20
2003 31
2004 41
2005 47
2006 54

David

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
On top of that, he is 4th ALL-TIME behing Ruth, Ted Williams, and Gehrig for OBP%.....pretty good company to be in......thats right ahead of Mays, ahead of Aaron, etc. etc.....

TK

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
The big question to me is.....will he retire a Cardinal or move over to the AL and DH to extend his career?

If he can average 30+ home runs over the next 7 years....he will be in the 550 - 575 range and 37 years old. If he can get to the AL and DH....there is a chance he could extend his career and play until he is 41 or 42 and still get a significant number of AB's. Otherwise, he runs out of steam just shy or right on 600 HR's if he can avoid the injury bug....and that is a big "if".

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
muchuckwagon said:
The big question to me is.....will he retire a Cardinal or move over to the AL and DH to extend his career?

If he can average 30+ home runs over the next 7 years....he will be in the 550 - 575 range and 37 years old. If he can get to the AL and DH....there is a chance he could extend his career and play until he is 41 or 42 and still get a significant number of AB's. Otherwise, he runs out of steam just shy or right on 600 HR's if he can avoid the injury bug....and that is a big "if".

Unless something drastic happens, I dont see him leaving the Cardinals for a VERY VERY long time.....he even wants to retire a Cardinal.

However, I see your point and it is a good one....the Cardinals would be doing him a favor to extend his career and him vice-versa to the Cardinals since a 40 year old Pujols isnt probably going to be playing a good 1B anymore........but until that day comes..he is a CARDINAL!!!!!

Members online

Latest posts