Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Phil Hughes will win his first start of the year!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
Re: Phil Hughes starts out strong with 2 k's

Jeff N. said:
Let's let him pitch a game before we make judgment
C'mon Jeff....you should know that one great inning of work means you are a shoe in for the HOF!!!!

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California

Hoping he pitches well. Had several opportunities to meet him, and he has always respected the game and everyone he comes across.

mikekarlovec

Aug 7, 2008
Hobbs, NM

scotty21690 said:
Jeff N. said:
Let's let him pitch a game before we make judgment
C'mon Jeff....you should know that one great inning of work means you are a shoe in for the HOF!!!!

some dont even need an inning in the MLB look at LaPorta :D

chisox3706

Aug 15, 2008
nw indiana/chicagoland

he just got out of that bases loaded jam...id like to see him pan out as the #1 draft pick he is touted to be and not like another former #1 yankee pitcher...cough cough brien taylor cough

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut

chisox3706 said:
he just got out of that bases loaded jam...id like to see him pan out as the #1 draft pick he is touted to be and not like another former #1 yankee pitcher...cough cough brien taylor cough

He's already been way more successful than Taylor, who never even sniffed the majors. People forget that the guy is only 22 and was pitching great before his injury last year. Anytime someone comes back from an injury mid-season, ESPECIALLY a pitcher (not just an arm injury), it'll generally take them an entire off-season to get back to form. Hughes has great stuff despite his shaky season last year, I don't think Yankee fans have anything to worry about.

With that being said, any of you still think it was a good move passing up on Johan for any combination of Hughes/Joba/Kennedy? :oops:

::facepalm::

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land

JEA2880 said:
chisox3706 said:

He's already been way more successful than Taylor, who never even sniffed the majors. People forget that the guy is only 22 and was pitching great before his injury last year. Anytime someone comes back from an injury mid-season, ESPECIALLY a pitcher (not just an arm injury), it'll generally take them an entire off-season to get back to form. Hughes has great stuff despite his shaky season last year, I don't think Yankee fans have anything to worry about.

With that being said, any of you still think it was a good move passing up on Johan for any combination of Hughes/Joba/Kennedy? :oops:

looking back, does it look like a good trade on the twins side? (esp no f-mart)

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut

darocker80 said:
JEA2880 said:
chisox3706 said:

Yeah well everyone, including the Twins, knew they were getting the short end of the stick on any Santana deal. At the end of the day, they wanted something as opposed to let him walk outright. The fact that the Yankees were unwilling to put together a better package than the Mets mediocre one (and I'm a Mets fan) is what makes me chuckle.

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land

JEA2880 said:
darocker80 said:
JEA2880 said:
chisox3706 said:

Yeah well everyone, including the Twins, knew they were getting the short end of the stick on any Santana deal. At the end of the day, they wanted something as opposed to let him walk outright. The fact that the Yankees were unwilling to put together a better package than the Mets mediocre one (and I'm a Mets fan) is what makes me chuckle.
mets got a steal!

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
Edwin Jackson was matching Hughes inning for inning.
6 scoreless, then Leyland takes him out and the bullpen lets up 10 runs in one inning.
I wish managers would leave their starters in longer like the good ol' days.

yankeefan812

Aug 12, 2008
Dville Ghetto
I was very impressed by him tonight, his fastball was great. Really good to see him come back up and have an awesome first start. Now, do we try calling up Kennedy and putting Joba in the pen?

yankeefan812

Aug 12, 2008
Dville Ghetto
Austin said:
Edwin Jackson was matching Hughes inning for inning.
6 scoreless, then Leyland takes him out and the bullpen lets up 10 runs in one inning.
I wish managers would leave their starters in longer like the good ol' days.

His pitch count was WAY up there, I believe around 120

Pills

Aug 7, 2008
Melancon with a 1-2-3, too.

A good night for young Yankees pitching.

Jackson looked good, too, but the Yankees are (finally) getting back to their patient ways that they had with Abreu and Giambi. Jackson WAS at 116, even though he only let up 4 hits and a walk. A lot of 3 ball counts.

Members online

Latest posts