Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

resolving paypal negative balance????

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
an ebay member opened a dispute on paypal against me because it took me too long to ship out the item, i sent the item ut yesterday but need to pay for something today yet i have this negative balance. does anyone know how to resolve this as paypal said they would refund me once the dispute is closed if i pay them now for it. when i try paying it off with the credit card it keeps telling me im entering the wrong amount when im not

mburgin

Aug 11, 2008
Re: paypal question

miguelcabrera said:
my friend added his bank account to my account to make a purchase from ebay, but he never "confirmed" his account, he paid for the item, and it says it was paid through the bank account, how come it did this even though the bank was never confirmed

you should be asking paypal this question. secondly, your friend was a fool for putting his bank account info in your paypal account.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Re: paypal question

mburgin said:
miguelcabrera said:
my friend added his bank account to my account to make a purchase from ebay, but he never "confirmed" his account, he paid for the item, and it says it was paid through the bank account, how come it did this even though the bank was never confirmed

you should be asking paypal this question. secondly, your friend was a fool for putting his bank account info in your paypal account.

well i plan on removing it and im not going to screw him over so he is not really a fool

he made the purchase before he confirmed the bank account as neither of us knew he had to do so, he still has not confirmed it so im wondering will the funds come from his bank or my credit card?

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
ive got a pending unpaid item strike peding because i have not been able to pay for this item because of this negative paypal balance that i cant seem to add funds to or anything

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Go into your dispute center and put in the confirmation number on the shipped item. Once PayPal sees that the item has arrived, they *should* close it and restore your balance.

Send a message to the person you bought the item from on ebay and explain why you haven't paid. They might be understanding. Hell, they might have had the same thing happen to them. In my experience, sellers will usually work with you if you're going to get them their money, even if it's a little delayed as long as the lines of communication are open.

Don't know anything about the confirmed/unconfirmed bank account issue.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
Card Magnet said:
Go into your dispute center and put in the confirmation number on the shipped item. Once PayPal sees that the item has arrived, they *should* close it and restore your balance.

Send a message to the person you bought the item from on ebay and explain why you haven't paid. They might be understanding. Hell, they might have had the same thing happen to them. In my experience, sellers will usually work with you if you're going to get them their money, even if it's a little delayed as long as the lines of communication are open.

i added the tracking number but i doubt the item gets delivered today

darkman

Aug 7, 2008
you`ll have to pay the negative amount to get you back at zero and then you can pay for your items... Had this happen to me a few months back. Guys said that the item was not what he bought. After 45 days ... of this situation, he never replied back to paypal and i received my funds back...15 days after the previous 45 days while they investigated.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
darkman said:
you`ll have to pay the negative amount to get you back at zero and then you can pay for your items... Had this happen to me a few months back. Guys said that the item was not what he bought. After 45 days ... of this situation, he never replied back to paypal and i received my funds back...15 days after the previous 45 days while they investigated.

how do you do this with a credit card, it wont let me

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
miguelcabrera said:
darkman said:

I think you have to use a bank account for it.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
miguelcabrera said:
darkman said:

You will be fine in a few days, nothing you can do now however.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
You have to restore your negative paypal balance with your bank account (this takes a few days), they don't allow you to do this with your credit card.

miguelcabrera

Nov 20, 2008
YOU KNOW
EricInCT said:
miguelcabrera said:
darkman said:

You will be fine in a few days, nothing you can do now however.

i needa pay for an item today though

this suckssss

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
Do you have a friend that would pay for it for you? Or even have another credit card that you can open a new PayPal account and pay for it? PP does let you have two accounts - one personal and one premiere as far as I know.

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
seinfield.gif

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
miguelcabrera said:
Card Magnet said:

i added the tracking number but i doubt the item gets delivered today

Even if the item was delivered today nothing concerning PayPal is instantaneous........it will take a few days for them to release the funds. Sit back relax and don't stress about this any longer. By the time you transfer funds or open up another paypal account this will be resolved....

Members online

No members online now.