Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Bowman Originals ???????????????

keep Bowman Originals in the sealed case from topps or send off to beckett

• topps sealed case

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SKYWALKER

Aug 7, 2008
WILDCAT COUNTRY
I love going after the jay bruce Bowman Originals but i wanted to know if you would keep it in the topps sealed or bust them open and send off to beckett.

Penno

Sep 5, 2008
Oxford, AL
SKYWALKER said:
Penno said:
pujolsthomefan33 said:
I say beckett because soooooooooo many of them have been tampered with or faked...

TK

Agreed

will it hurt the value ??

I wouldn't think so, since they aren't really thought of as uncirculated, just put in the cases for security reasons. It might lose value if they don't grade well, but thats just a guess.

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
SKYWALKER said:
Penno said:
pujolsthomefan33 said:
I say beckett because soooooooooo many of them have been tampered with or faked...

TK

Agreed

will it hurt the value ??

Shouldnt....if anything it will help it provided it gets a decent grade....most collectors are aware that those bowman originals about 50% of the time are fake or have been tampered with.

TK

TO CLARIFY: by tampered I mean that they take a card that was signed IP and add a number to it and stick it in the topps case....good example was a Pujols 04 Bowman Chrome AUTO signed IP that went into a case that once had a Tom Brunasky 87 Topps Originals ATUO in it....something like that.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
I would send to beckett and have a minimum grade of a 9 and put it in an authentic slab if it doesn't meet the minimum.

As a collector I'd feel better buying one knowing it was authentic even if it wasn't in the original case.

MartinFFcollector

Aug 7, 2008
CA.
I have graded 8 Bowman Originals Russ Martin (all the ones in the pop report if you care to see the grades) (4) 9, (1)8.5, (1) 8, (2) 7.5

I keep the highest and sell the extra. One BGS 7.5 Gold /33 didn't sell @ $25. I've seen them sell raw for $25-40.

I sold a BGS 9 Chrome /252 for $10 and I've seen them sell raw for $5-10+

Members online

Latest posts