Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Do you get upset if someone files an unpaid buyer on Ebay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
Just a question - I had a lot more unpaid auctions than normal past the 7 days payment time, and I just sent a NPB to all of them. One of the buyers sent me a nasty-gram that was saying how that was unnecessary - etc etc. However, sometimes it's easier to just do a bulk NPB to all of them rather than sending each one a personal note. What do you think? Do you get insulted if someone files a NPB because you were late in paying?

ru4scuba

Aug 7, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
lisu said:
Just a question - I had a lot more unpaid auctions than normal past the 7 days payment time, and I just sent a NPB to all of them. One of the buyers sent me a nasty-gram that was saying how that was unnecessary - etc etc. However, sometimes it's easier to just do a bulk NPB to all of them rather than sending each one a personal note. What do you think? Do you get insulted if someone files a NPB because you were late in paying?

If it was less than a week after the auction ended I might get annoyed, but not enough to say anything. If I haven't paid in a week or more I would say I deserved the NPB if I got hit with it.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
ru4scuba said:
lisu said:

If it was less than a week after the auction ended I might get annoyed, but not enough to say anything. If I haven't paid in a week or more I would say I deserved the NPB if I got hit with it.

You can only file a NPB after 7 days from auction end. I think in this case, It has been 10 days.

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
If I'm going to take more than 3 days to pay, I make sure I contact the seller to let them know before I bid. I always file NPB on buyers who take more than 7 days with no contact.

ru4scuba

Aug 7, 2008
San Francisco Bay Area
lisu said:
ru4scuba said:
lisu said:

You can only file a NPB after 7 days from auction end. I think in this case, It has been 10 days.

In that case, I would of just turned around and paid it. I'll usually file the NPB forms as soon as I can. In eBayland if someone doesn't pay within a day or two they probably don't intend to pay at all.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Right, wrong, or in between, good customer service says the buyers will be reinvoiced before NPB is filed.

I tend to send a second invoice after 10 days or so, two weeks even, and a message telling the buyer if they can no longer go through with the transaction I understand, but that I'd like to be able to go through the proper channels in order to get a refund on my fees and to please let me know. I've never had a buyer not pay after that.

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
I've never recieved a NPB, nor have I ever filed one. Having said that, to me, they are what they are. If I did not pay in a timely mannor, I would fully expect one leaving little room for anger. Yet, I would not be happy eithor. I would simply be content that all is right with the universe and go on...

mazarazz

Aug 7, 2008
Usually after 5 days I reinvoice and at 7 I start the process immediately with a note along the lines of "I understand things can come up outside of ebay, just wanted to drop a line again so I can know to relist if necessary or if they need extra time, please disregard if payment is on the way. thanks again!" 3 outcomes, 1)most often I get paid soon after, 2) they tell me they aren't going to pay but now at least I know 3)no response but at least I've started the process as early as possible.

I've had buyers take a month to pay but were still interested in the item and kept some form of contact. I'm pretty open to whatever as long as there's communication.

I do my best to pay within a day or two and never have actually had the process started to myself. That's my take on it, I wouldn't be insulted personally. The lack of negative feedback capability for sellers is too bad though.

justinmandawg

Aug 7, 2008
Kansas City
I had a guy a few weeks ago say that it was unnecessary and that if I didn't remove it he was going to contact ebay. All around if you get one you deserve it.

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
You're in the right Lisu.

Some people should just wear helmets as a matter of course.

bouwob

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
I would just explain to the persopn that with the new feedback rules, NPBs are coming up way more often. It is more of a note to get on the ball and that it wasnt anything against them, just a mass reminder.

xcantgobackx

Aug 20, 2008
Jersey Shore
justinmandawg said:
I had a guy a few weeks ago say that it was unnecessary and that if I didn't remove it he was going to contact ebay. All around if you get one you deserve it.

I had this same thing happen. I even reinvoiced 2 or 3 times, then received payment and a message saying if I didn't cancel the claim within 24 hours, he'd neg. Things like that make you never want to sell on eBay again.

I digress. lisu, I definitely think you did the right thing.

lisu

Aug 8, 2008
Mountain View, CA
cmixer said:
what's the consequence of a NPB?

For the initial opening of a NPB, there is no consequence. It's only if Ebay refunds your fees because the buyer doesn't pay, then they receive a strike.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
lisu said:
cmixer said:
what's the consequence of a NPB?

For the initial opening of a NPB, there is no consequence. It's only if Ebay refunds your fees because the buyer doesn't pay, then they receive a strike.

and 3 strikes and your account is suspended for good.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
I've never had an NPB against me so I wouldn't know :lol:
I always send NPBs after one week unless I already talked to the buyer.

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
Its ebay's rules everyone is supposed to be playing by, you don't have to feel bad by abiding by those rules.

lisu said:

Musial Collector

Aug 7, 2008
Here is the response I got from the buyer I just filed against after they paid:

"sorry, was in the hospital for my heart."

However they had time to bid and pay for other auctions??? ******* idiots!!! Zero sympathy here whether or not it is true. :eek:

If on the 7th day I do not have a payment, I file the NPB. That is way more than enough time to pay or contact me with any issues you have. I have become an eBay ass when it comes to NPB and I dont care. :evil:

Sweetness

Mar 1, 2009
Give em the strikes as often as possible. Hopefully all the non payers get suspended and then we all get paid asap. As for the neg. threats just tell em that you are simply following ebay rules and remind them that they are at fault.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts