Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Espn Arod Used Roids With Yankees And IN High School

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

air23

Apr 30, 2009
ESPN.com news services

Report: A-Rod used with Yankees

New York Yankees third baseman Alex Rodriguez could return from a hip injury in as few as 10 days.

But he is already back in the headlines.

Rodriguez

More details from Sports Illustrated writer Selena Roberts' book "A-Rod" were released Wednesday by the New York Daily News. The book alleges Rodriguez did not stop using steroids when he came to the Yankees and he might have been using as far back as high school, the Daily News reports.

Roberts broke the story that A-Rod failed a steroid test in 2003. Yankees teammates, Roberts writes, nicknamed Rodriguez "B---h T--s" in 2005 because he put on 15 pounds in the offseason which included round pectorals, a condition called gynecomastia that can be caused by anabolic steroids.

Roberts' book, which will be released May 12, also details Rodriguez's relationship with Dominican trainer Angel Presinal, who is banned from major league clubhouses.

Jose Canseco, a former teammate of Rodriguez, said in the book he believes Rodriguez has been using steroids since high school.

"Was he on steroids in high school?" Canseco said in the book, the Daily News reported. "I think probably so. I worked out with him when he was 18. He could lift almost as much as I could."

Rodriguez put on 25 pounds of muscle between his sophomore and junior years. Former high school teammates told Roberts that A-Rod was using steroids back then and his coach knew it -- an allegation the coach, Rich Hoffman, denied.

Other things alleged in Roberts' book, according to the Daily News:

• A-Rod "pitch tipped" when he played for the Rangers by letting opponents at the plate know which pitch was coming in lopsided games. A-Rod expected players he helped would reciprocate when he was having an off night and needed to get his batting average up.

• A-Rod's off-the-field antics including his poker habit; his divorce from his wife, Cynthia; his relationship with Madonna and his other affairs are detailed.

• A-Rod was hated at Hooters, where he tipped the minimum 15 percent.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
air23 said:
Roberts broke the story that A-Rod failed a steroid test in 2003. Yankees teammates, Roberts writes, nicknamed Rodriguez "B-tch T-ts" in 2005 because he put on 15 pounds in the offseason which included round pectorals, a condition called gynecomastia that can be caused by anabolic steroids.

Best thing I've read all day.

air23

Apr 30, 2009
More info from Foxsports.com

Rodriguez has admitted to using performance-enhancers while with the Texas Rangers but insists he gave up the habit when he was traded to the Yankees in 2004.

In the book, however, an unnamed major leaguer is quoted as saying A-Rod and former Yankees pitcher Kevin Brown, who was named in the Mitchell Report, were seen together with human growth hormone — or HGH — in 2004.

The book also goes on to say that two anonymous Yankees said they believed A-Rod was using banned substances based on visual side effects, and that a clubhouse staffer said management had a suspicion that that the third baseman may have been juicing.

KC37

Aug 7, 2008
Massachusetts
air23 said:
• A-Rod "pitch tipped" when he played for the Rangers by letting opponents at the plate know which pitch was coming in lopsided games. A-Rod expected players he helped would reciprocate when he was having an off night and needed to get his batting average up.

This is the one, if it's true (and I'm having a hard time believing it is), that would turn the ugliest. They were talking about it on the radio this morning, and it just seems so outlandish - but almost too outlandish to be made up. I'm tired of the steroid talk, but I'm curious as to how this turns out.

And even *I* tip more than 15% at Hooters. A-Rod makes more than my salary in 1/3 of an inning.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
JEA2880 said:
air23 said:
Roberts broke the story that A-Rod failed a steroid test in 2003. Yankees teammates, Roberts writes, nicknamed Rodriguez "B-tch T-ts" in 2005 because he put on 15 pounds in the offseason which included round pectorals, a condition called gynecomastia that can be caused by anabolic steroids.

Same here.

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
Brad said:
JEA2880 said:
air23 said:

Same here.

Can't wait until that is chanted at Fenway

muchuckwagon

Oct 8, 2008
Deceased
Arod can tip 2%, play poker and sleep with anybody we wants......and it has zero impact on my life, not to mention the fact it is none of our business. Those are private matters that should be left alone by the public at-large.

The world is filled with bigger issues and why people continue to consume such crap is beyond me.....who really cares what Perez Hilton or Paris Hilton has to say? I doubt the 630,000 people that lost their jobs last week take any comfort in the fact the Heidi and Spence got married. (Yes, Heidi naked is good spank bank material but beyond that she is worthless.) As a country we need to stop feeding the trolls and giving them their 15 minutes of fame.

A_Pharis

Wait. 15% is "minimum"? I always thought that at restaurants that 15% was par for the course. I usually leave 20%, and I thought I was being pretty generous.

Not to get on that subject, and I know that waiters/waitresses usually make like $4 an hour on their paychecks, but if I leave $6 on a $30 tab that I was in and out on in 45 mins, then that waiter/waitress already has $10 that hour... on 1 table. That's pretty damn good so I don't think the whole 15% thing is a big deal.

Tomlinson21RB

Aug 7, 2008
MA
A_Pharis said:
Wait. 15% is "minimum"? I always thought that at restaurants that 15% was par for the course. I usually leave 20%, and I thought I was being pretty generous.

Not to get on that subject, and I know that waiters/waitresses usually make like $4 an hour on their paychecks, but if I leave $6 on a $30 tab that I was in and out on in 45 mins, then that waiter/waitress already has $10 that hour... on 1 table. That's pretty damn good so I don't think the whole 15% thing is a big deal.

20% is the new 15%.

Mighty Bombjack

Aug 7, 2008
A_Pharis said:

Not to continue that subject, but waiters make less than minimum wage to begin with (I made 2.13 an hour about ten years ago now), and even that is deducted from the paycheck to cover taxes. The paychecks I received were always for $0.00 (because I made pretty good tips and was relatively honest about it-particularly the credit crad tips, which the IRS can track). In the end, tips were it.

Having said that, 20% is good stuff, keep giving that.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
I could write my own novel on this bull crap but I will make this explanation short and sweet. First of all, isn't a coincidence that this report comes out 10 days shy of him coming back! My oh my does the media have hidden files all of a sudden that they pull out of their asses, so that they have something to write about. Secondly, this is greed in a hand-basket. Roberts wrote the book to make a quick dollar and he obviously tried to clear his name of steroids which he was accused of doing himself. Finally, A-Rod should say f4%k the media and play baseball. Let the media ponder upon themselves and keep them isolated. Lets just play baseball for god sakes and screw what people have to say lol. If this crap keeps up Baseball as we know it will be doomed and it probably has ended as we know it for all we know. ::facepalm::

beefycheddar

Super Moderator
Aug 7, 2008
jbone17 said:
I could write my own novel on this bull crap but I will make this explanation short and sweet. First of all, isn't a coincidence that this report comes out 10 days shy of him coming back! My oh my does the media have hidden files all of a sudden that they pull out of their asses, so that they have something to write about. Secondly, this is greed in a hand-basket. Roberts wrote the book to make a quick dollar and he obviously tried to clear his name of steroids which he was accused of doing himself. Finally, A-Rod should say f4%k the media and play baseball. Let the media ponder upon themselves and keep them isolated. Lets just play baseball for god sakes and screw what people have to say lol. If this crap keeps up Baseball as we know it will be doomed and it probably has ended as we know it for all we know. ::facepalm::

The book always was slated to be released around now. That is why the info came out now.

Members online

No members online now.