Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Jose Canseco rumored to be in upcoming MMA fight

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
I'm not making this up...lol

Looks like Canseco is going to step in the ring over in Japan to fight Hong Man Choi. For those not familiar with Choi, he is a 7'3" Korean monster. I've seen him fight, and if this fight really does happen, Canseco will get seriously, seriously hurt.

Odds are it is just a publicituy stunt, but if Canseco is broke, who knows?

This is in Japanese, but scroll down the page and you will see him listed on the card: http://dreamofficial.com/

hive17

Aug 7, 2008
Re: Jose Canseco rumored to be in MMA fight

At least we know he's not against steroids for a quick recovery.

I guess I don't know much about the other guy, but I've never been impressed with people that big and thier fighting ability. At some point, your size and mobility start to work against you. Not that i think Canseco could even exploit it, but if he could, who knows...?

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Yeah, that Choi guy is on the cover of this MMA video that I pass up all the time in Blockbuster (he's on the cover wrapped up with some little white guy)! When I first saw that video cover I thought it was a "horror" movie & he was a monster fighter or something! :lol: :oops:

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
HoustonTeams4Me said:
Yeah, that Choi guy is on the cover of this MMA video that I pass up all the time in Blockbuster (he's on the cover wrapped up with some little white guy)! When I first saw that video cover I thought it was a "horror" movie & he was a monster fighter or something! :lol: :oops:

That little white boy is the Fedor,the best mma fighter EVER!

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Bornagaincollector said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:

Is he really? I've been out of the MMA loop since the Ultimate Fighting (UFC) decided to place all these "rule's" into it (I know it is best for safety precaution's but it dulled it down ALOT as opposed to how they used to "Get it on"...I stopped really paying attention right after Gracie left & went back to Brazil, I think it was UFC 9 or maybe 10? I had just began watching & enjoying Tank Abbott (but that was before they placed him against non-pitfighter's & slugger type's, once they put him against grappler's he got his arse whooped & never seemed to be the same again-No more attitude, or just not as much arrogance).

KOBEARODLT

Sep 29, 2008
HoustonTeams4Me said:
Bornagaincollector said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:

Is he really? I've been out of the MMA loop since the Ultimate Fighting (UFC) decided to place all these "rule's" into it (I know it is best for safety precaution's but it dulled it down ALOT as opposed to how they used to "Get it on"...I stopped really paying attention right after Gracie left & went back to Brazil, I think it was UFC 9 or maybe 10? I had just began watching & enjoying Tank Abbott (but that was before they placed him against non-pitfighter's & slugger type's, once they put him against grappler's he got his arse whooped & never seemed to be the same again-No more attitude, or just not as much arrogance).

fedor is FAR FAR from the best mma fighter ever

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
HoustonTeams4Me said:
Bornagaincollector said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:

OUt of the loop is an understatement.
UFC is better then ever. Most of those early UFC tournies and bouts were a joke with no weight classes.
THe sport has really evolved. Come back. You'll enjoy yourself if you learn the sport again.

And this fight is a Joke.
Shame to the sport.
Hope Jose breaks a leg.

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
HoustonTeams4Me said:
Bornagaincollector said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:

Ladies and gentleman, we have the longest paranthetical reference in FCB history!!! :D

standing-ovation-0907-lg.jpg

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Russ S. said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:
Bornagaincollector said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:

OUt of the loop is an understatement.
UFC is better then ever. Most of those early UFC tournies and bouts were a joke with no weight classes.
THe sport has really evolved. Come back. You'll enjoy yourself if you learn the sport again.

And this fight is a Joke.
Shame to the sport.
Hope Jose breaks a leg.

But that's what I liked about it (the entertainment value "to me" was when they had a sumo vs. Tank or a Kick boxer vs. a wrestler), now it's almost like a boxing match minus the punche's & add in ton's of grapling. It's become a very calculated sport & IMO I enjoyed watching it more when each fighter didn't know to take it to the ground & grapple during every fight. I'm not completely out of the loop, as I've watched some fights here & there, but I just don't enjoy all of the strict rule's (to me way too much entertainment value was lost when they applied the limitation's on what fighter's could & couldn't do). I fully understand the strategy behind grappling (as I myself used to love sparring & grappling with my buddies up at the local jui-jitsu gym) but as for entertainment value it is not that thrilling to watch one guy try to put another in an arm bar (at least not compared to one guy trying to tear the other guy's head off with the bottom of his foot)! Just my opinion's bud, I fully respect your's! :D

Ty Hope

Aug 7, 2008
KOBEARODLT said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:
Bornagaincollector said:
HoustonTeams4Me said:

fedor is FAR FAR from the best mma fighter ever

I'm assuming you know very little about mma. Seriously, name ONE person that is better or has accomplished more? Fedor is the most dominant fighter in mma history... period.

Members online

Latest posts