Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Leben lost, whoo hoo!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

G

chrislebensucksballsihatehimhopeheg.jpg

I didn't get to watch the fight, had other plans, so for those of you who did watch it, how did it go down? Was it obvious that he lost, or close?

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
I actually thought Leben looked REALLY GOOD!!
He has come along way from his antic ways on TUF.

I'm a Bisping fan, but the decision wasn't as close as it should of been. He might of even got the "hometown advantage" vote.

Leben came in looking great. Cut, packed on muscle, was agressive, and kept the high pace going the entire fight. I was actually impressed. Leben has matured and improved his game.

pac_rat_76

Aug 10, 2008
Minnesota
I watched the whole fight and IMO Bisping was the clear winner. Leben had his moments and that guy's jaw is amazing, but look at his face after the fight and that's pretty much all you need to know. Leben looked beat up, Bisping looked like he hadn't even had a fight.

G

pac_rat_76 said:
I watched the whole fight and IMO Bisping was the clear winner. Leben had his moments and that guy's jaw is amazing, but look at his face after the fight and that's pretty much all you need to know. Leben looked beat up, Bisping looked like he hadn't even had a fight.

Yeah, all the pictures and gifs I have seen showed Chris to be brutalized.

leben_walk1.gif

leben_walk2.gif

leben_taunt.gif

20081019120243_D2P_8275.JPG

Leben is such a tool.

peaceandlove

Aug 7, 2008
just for curiosity, what makes you call Leben a tool? because of how he acted on a TV show almost 4 years ago when he was like 23? this guy grew up with a bad childhood, has overcome it, and has been clean and sober for 6 months now, and teaches kids MMA in his free time. its amazing how he has kept name out of the spotlight, not been disrespectful in any way, and has been nothing but gracious after every fight....yet he continues to get bashed for his behavior on a reality TV show that took place years ago while other fighters, like Nate Diaz, are cheered when they are far more disrespectful and more of a tool than Leben ever was. No one brings up how Koscheck called Leben a fatherless bastard and antagonized him night after night with Southworth. The worst thing he ever did was pee on a guys bed and that's something that has happened on 3 seasons of the show now including the episode from the other night. Leben got cut up and busted up in this fight. i personally thought it was a pretty close fight. i thought Bisping won it clearly though. he looked great on his feet. he was picking his shots and landing them. Leben showed his chin of steel. Only person that has been able to do anything to that chin was Silva and he's a freak of nature. Looks like Bisping is getting the winner of Henderson/Franklin now.

G

I don't like Koscheck either.

It's his hair. He's a tool because of his hair. :lol:

NECpilgrims8

Aug 7, 2008
White Plains, NY
Sam, read this book. It will change the way you think about certain fighters like Leben and Koscheck. Just because the media portrays them one way, doesn;t make it true.

9780981504407.jpg

G

Will that book give me some insight as to what a horrible childhood some fighters have had, and how much tragedy they have been through in their life, and make me feel sorry for them and not supposed to hate them because they act like tools as grown men? I'm not saying that's what it will say, just what I figured. Sweet run on sentence!

I guess I should look into Junie Brownings life to find a reason not to like him because he's a tool now.

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
I want Henderson to beat Franklin and Bisping.I want to see a Henderson/Silva rematch.I think Henderson clearly won rd 1 and got caught in the 2nd rd for the loss,i believe Henderson can win a rematch. :D

peaceandlove

Aug 7, 2008
Sam Banks said:
Will that book give me some insight as to what a horrible childhood some fighters have had, and how much tragedy they have been through in their life, and make me feel sorry for them and not supposed to hate them because they act like tools as grown men? I'm not saying that's what it will say, just what I figured. Sweet run on sentence!

I guess I should look into Junie Brownings life to find a reason not to like him because he's a tool now.

i don't know man, i did a lot of stuff i'm not proud of when i was like 20-23. most people grow up eventually. you can't just keep hating them for something that happened a long time ago. i'd have to give them some slack for that stuff in the past when they were basically young punk kids still compared to Liddell showing up on talk shows drunk and Rampage doing his little road rage incident. yet no one calls them punks or bashes them.

G

peaceandlove said:
Sam Banks said:

i don't know man, i did a lot of stuff i'm not proud of when i was like 20-23. most people grow up eventually. you can't just keep hating them for something that happened a long time ago. i'd have to give them some slack for that stuff in the past when they were basically young punk kids still compared to Liddell showing up on talk shows drunk and Rampage doing his little road rage incident. yet no one calls them punks or bashes them.

You must have missed my anti-Chuck thread, lol! Not a fan of him either, :lol:

I don't have a preference either way on Rampage.

hector234

Sep 14, 2008
How can anyone hate on Leben? He was portrayed terribly on TUF. If anyone reads on his story, the guy has come a long way. I thought the fight vs Bisping could've been better, but Bisping decided to keep his distance. My favorite moment was when Leben stood there and dared Bisping to hit him :lol:

Members online

Latest posts