Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BA PROSPECT HOT SHEET - 5/1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
When does the Hot Sheet Chat come up normally (what time)?

I'd like to ask BA if Michael Taylor had consideration this week considering his line for the week looks as good (if not better than several up there):

10-for-24/.416 avg/3-2B's/1-3B/1HR/5RBI/1BB/3K/2SB (2/2)

Looks very similar to Smoak's & better than several other's... :?

Russ S.

Aug 10, 2008
VA / DC / MD
EricInCT said:
Stunning to see Halman so low.

WHy?
His numbers for the week are subpar compared to the 2 hitters above him.
Smoak and Reimold.
Is AVG. is horrible.
Is BB/SO ratio is even worse!!

Jurgy25

Aug 14, 2008
Northern California
Not even a mention of Michael McCardell?!?!

2-0, 13 IP, 6 hits, 1 er, 1 bb, 10 k's

If he is not on there now, he will never be! I guess all BA cares about is the K's.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
Maybe I don't understand how each category is weighed.......

So let's say I am a light hitting short stop who bats 15-25 with 15 singles and 3 RBIs with 6 walks and 1 strikeout with an OBS of .500 does that mean I will be in the running for #1?

I don't get it. I am thinking of it as a straight flush versus a full house....or rock paper scissors.....I am looking at the 5 HRs and 13 RBIs....better then Smoak and Reimold combined.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Racism is a powerful thing lol. Cardenas clearly got robbed for not being on this list! .373 BA! Come on Baseball America! Wake up and smell the damn coffee already! Also, why is Halman 4th? He shouldn't even be on this list with his .198 BA. Who cares if he has 5HR's!

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
jbone17 said:
Racism is a powerful thing lol. Cardenas clearly got robbed for not being on this list! .373 BA! Come on Baseball America! Wake up and smell the damn coffee already! Also, why is Halman 4th? He shouldn't even be on this list with his .198 BA. Who cares if he has 5HR's!

While I agree with you on Cardenas, Halman did deserve to be there. Remember, his overall average isn't factored into the rankings -- this is based on the past week's stats.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
jbone17 said:

I agree, 5 home runs in a week is easy to do.

jbone17

Sep 26, 2008
The Riverlands.
Yeah, but one stat should not make you a ball player lol. I agree Jaypers because that is what BA does. They do it by a week to week basis and I thought they took weekly stats and tied them to overall. My bad lol. :lol: Why doesn't BA like Cardenas lol?

Eric- I just figured it out lol. I had no idea Halman did that in a week. My bad lol. :lol:

chuckbartowski

Jan 2, 2009
No pressure for Hanson huh

"There probably aren't many pitchers in the major leagues with the kind of stuff that Hanson has..."

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
chuckbartowski said:
No pressure for Hanson huh

"There probably aren't many pitchers in the major leagues with the kind of stuff that Hanson has..."

Hope he doesn't pull a Porcello and get bombed in his first few starts :?

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
I just added a Hanson pic to my sig, can you folks see it.....? I can't since I am at work it is a big "X".

Members online

Latest posts