Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

The Final Season

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
First off...it's an amazing story...and seeing a game in Norway IA is truly a remarkable.

Second...the movie had the best intentions and in my opinion failed miserably. Had Disney done this story, it would have been a classic...instead it was a 3rd-tier hack job. There was so much potential in the story, the characters, etc...but the final product missed what I felt was a perfect "ball on a tee" home run of a story.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
200lbhockeyplayer said:
First off...it's an amazing story...and seeing a game in Norway IA is truly a remarkable.

Second...the movie had the best intentions and in my opinion failed miserably. Had Disney done this story, it would have been a classic...instead it was a 3rd-tier hack job. There was so much potential in the story, the characters, etc...but the final product missed what I felt was a perfect "ball on a tee" home run of a story.
Thanks 2bills. Is it worth the rent?? The website says it's from the director of The Sandlot. And I really like that movie.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
IndyMann said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

Thanks 2bills. Is it worth the rent?? The website says it's from the director of The Sandlot. And I really like that movie.
Well to clear up any biases up front, I've been to a couple "town team" games in Norway, have a friend who starred for Norway, and I know some of the people in the movie and some of the actual characters, etc.

Therefore I have countless reasons to own the movie...and I don't.

I may be too harsh because I knew the story before the movie was even written, so when I heard about the movie I was excited. Suffice to say it let ME down...it doesn't mean everyone will dislike it.

Anyway, curiosity alone and being a baseball movie...so you have to see it.

IndyManning18

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
200lbhockeyplayer said:
IndyMann said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

Well to clear up any biases up front, I've been to a couple "town team" games in Norway, have a friend who starred for Norway, and I know some of the people in the movie and some of the actual characters, etc.

Therefore I have countless reasons to own the movie...and I don't.

I may be too harsh because I knew the story before the movie was even written, so when I heard about the movie I was excited. Suffice to say it let ME down...it doesn't mean everyone will dislike it.

Anyway, curiosity alone and being a baseball movie...so you have to see it.
Thanks for your input bud. And I'll definately see it one day as it is a baseball movie.

Members online

Latest posts