Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Don't use ebay much right now.... is this acceptable?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fandruw25

Aug 25, 2008
Slow shipping but it wouldn't bother me to much....as long as I get the card I'm usually pretty happy.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
At least they emailed you (finally). When you go to give feedback, use your best judgment on the DSR for shipping.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
You're probably fine...but I can't say I've ever placed a bid in a "Private Listing" auction. They always have bothered me.

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
200lbhockeyplayer said:
You're probably fine...but I can't say I've ever placed a bid in a "Private Listing" auction. They always have bothered me.

Ohhhh.... dang! how can you tell if it's a private auction?.

Shep :ugeek:

brokenliz1

Aug 7, 2008
shephech said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

Ohhhh.... dang! how can you tell if it's a private auction?.

It says right under the amount of bids that user id's are kept private.Hope that helps.

chisox3706

Aug 15, 2008
nw indiana/chicagoland
200lbhockeyplayer said:

yeah me too im not a big fan of private listing auctions.

also i just observed at the bottom of the auction (nice win btw!) that he states he will ship out one business day after payment cleared. you said you paid via paypal after the auction on the 23rd and he never told you something like "sorry i was out on vacation" or "i cant make it to the post office cuz my kid is sick" so as an earlier post stated, leave appropriate feedback/DSR as you see fit.

RL24

Dec 12, 2008
Colorado Springs, CO
chisox3706 said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

also i just observed at the bottom of the auction (nice win btw!) that he states he will ship out one business day after payment cleared. you said you paid via paypal after the auction on the 23rd and he never told you something like "sorry i was out on vacation" or "i cant make it to the post office cuz my kid is sick" so as an earlier post stated, leave appropriate feedback/DSR as you see fit.

Will usually ship within 1 business day of receiving cleared payment.

He actually said usually, and... we don't know when the payment cleared.

OP, did the seller say "I shipped the card TODAY?" and not something like "Your card has been shipped..." ? Because, just the other day a guy sent me an email saying my card had been shipped and it was already sitting in my mailbox, postmarked a few days before...

chisox3706

Aug 15, 2008
nw indiana/chicagoland
RL24 said:
chisox3706 said:
200lbhockeyplayer said:

Will usually ship within 1 business day of receiving cleared payment.

He actually said usually, and... we don't know when the payment cleared.

OP, did the seller say "I shipped the card TODAY?" and not something like "Your card has been shipped..." ? Because, just the other day a guy sent me an email saying my card had been shipped and it was already sitting in my mailbox, postmarked a few days before...

very true, i had just figured the "usually" meant maybe 3 days max, not 7 (date OP got the email).

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
In the seller's defense, I'm sure a lot of it had to do with you being in Canada. I can pretty much ship as soon as payment is received if I can use paypal shipping in my apartment, print the postage, and leave it for the mailman. However, Canada definitely requires a trip to the post office, and sometimes it will take me a few days before I can get there.

Chris D.

Aug 7, 2008
Just my 2 cents, but I don't like private auctions either. To me, it seems like the seller is hiding something. Also, I'm not crazy about his feedback score.

Aside from that, nice win. Say Hey!

shephech

Aug 18, 2008
Oh Canada......
Thanks for the responses! Yeah I thought it was a pretty good win.... Yeah that's true he could have had some shipping issues (Me in Canada and all) RyanL24- Yeah he emailed me last night with "your card was shipped today, Thanks again".

Have a goodnight guys.

Members online

Latest posts