Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

College Baseball - BC vs. Miami - Harold Martinez auto, etc.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
Just got back from the game. Was kind of rainy so I didn't bring the camera. Was able to get Harold Martinez to auto a 2007 Topps Aflac.

Untitled-Scanned-03.jpg

Looks good with my other IP Aflac autos:

Untitled-Scanned-01.jpg

Going to try and get Ryan Jackson's auto on Sunday (he had a bad game today and made a B-line for the bus). Also gonna try and get Ackley and White to auto these customs when they come in 2 weeks to play BC.

Untitled-Scanned-02.jpg

ryanhoward06

Aug 7, 2008
Those are awesome. It's a shame that the Razor exclusives won't be released for awhile, if ever. There are still a couple of guys from that set that can be released( Murphy and Cosart).

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
Harold Martinez looked pretty good in the game. Very solid at 3B and from what I heard from some of the scouts at the game, he should be moving to SS when Ryan Jackson leaves.

aw00d05

Dec 18, 2008
JVC said:
Harold Martinez looked pretty good in the game. Very solid at 3B and from what I heard from some of the scouts at the game, he should be moving to SS when Ryan Jackson leaves.
He was a 1st round talent for the 08 draft, but slipped his senior year and fell, wish the Rangers would've signed him though.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
aw00d05 said:
JVC said:
He was a 1st round talent for the 08 draft, but slipped his senior year and fell, wish the Rangers would've signed him though.

Yeah, I saw him at the Aflac game 2 years ago. I think he'll be better served by spending a few years in college.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Very lucky, the Canes are fun to watch most of the time, lol. Martinez appears to have the superstar bat already but is still a little shaky with his defense. However if Jackoson leaves and he moves to SS I think he will vastly improve.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
mredsox89 said:
Very lucky, the Canes are fun to watch most of the time, lol. Martinez appears to have the superstar bat already but is still a little shaky with his defense. However if Jackoson leaves and he moves to SS I think he will vastly improve.

Martinez handled everything hit to him today and even made a nice play on a hard hit ball down the line. I got to the game late and didn't see his first two AB's, and apparently the Miami coach likes to bunt because he gave Martinez the sac bunt sign with 1 out, runner on first and a 4 run lead in the 8th inning.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
JVC said:
mredsox89 said:

Martinez handled everything hit to him today and even made a nice play on a hard hit ball down the line. I got to the game late and didn't see his first two AB's, and apparently the Miami coach likes to bunt because he gave Martinez the sac bunt sign with 1 out, runner on first and a 4 run lead in the 8th inning.

Morris liked having them bunt early in the season but they sucked so he moved away from it. How did Hernandez look? He has been much better his last couple of starts after a rough beginning of the season

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
mredsox89 said:
JVC said:
mredsox89 said:

Morris liked having them bunt early in the season but they sucked so he moved away from it. How did Hernandez look? He has been much better his last couple of starts after a rough beginning of the season

He was good but then again, BC isn't exactly a world beater.

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
JVC said:
mredsox89 said:
JVC said:
mredsox89 said:

He was good but then again, BC isn't exactly a world beater.

haha, they have actually been better than expected though if im not mistaken. They are not in the upper class of the ACC but i think they are a decent team

Members online

Latest posts