Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

UD Replacement! Needless to say, I am happy . . .

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

angelsrockies4ever

Aug 7, 2008
Well, a couple months ago I put in my redemption for a Tony Gwynn Sweet Spot Autograph from Sweet Spot Classic. I believe this variation was /99. Unfortunately, Upper Deck had depleted their inventory of this card. A few days ago, this beauty arrived in the mail from UD . . .

/25
sc001e7f70.jpg

I am very happy with this replacement as I do not really care much for Gwynn but I have been looking to pick up a nice Brett for a while. Also, Brett sells extremely well.

chisox3706

Aug 15, 2008
nw indiana/chicagoland
very sweet!

it is disheartening though as you said in your post that they "depleted their stock" of the gwynns...its like the seinfeld episode when he and elaine go to rent a car and the worker says they are out of cars for him. "see you know how to make the reservation, you just dont know how to hold the reservation".

im glad it worked out for you though!

JEA2880

Aug 16, 2008
Connecticut
chisox3706 said:
very sweet!

it is disheartening though as you said in your post that they "depleted their stock" of the gwynns...its like the seinfeld episode when he and elaine go to rent a car and the worker says they are out of cars for him. "see you know how to make the reservation, you just dont know how to hold the reservation".

im glad it worked out for you though!

Haha great Seinfeld reference. By the way, I know exactly why they depleted their supply of Gwynn auto's - they put too many of his stickers on his SON'S cards!

tonsofcommons

Aug 20, 2008
Iowa
angelsrockies4ever said:
Well, a couple months ago I put in my redemption for a Tony Gwynn Sweet Spot Autograph from Sweet Spot Classic. I believe this variation was /99. Unfortunately, Upper Deck had depleted their inventory of this card. A few days ago, this beauty arrived in the mail from UD . . .

JEA2880 said:
By the way, I know exactly why they depleted their supply of Gwynn auto's - they put too many of his stickers on his SON'S cards!

::facepalm::

Since when did they put stickers on the Sweet Spot Autographs?
:lol: ;)

Just ribbing you JEA2880!

Oh wait, this IS Upper Deck, so I guess anything is possible!

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
tonsofcommons said:
angelsrockies4ever said:

JEA2880 said:
By the way, I know exactly why they depleted their supply of Gwynn auto's - they put too many of his stickers on his SON'S cards!

::facepalm::

Since when did they put stickers on the Sweet Spot Autographs?
:lol: ;)

Just ribbing you JEA2880!

Oh wait, this IS Upper Deck, so I guess anything is possible!

Can you guys please not make jokes like this?Jeez...you know they read these boards.You want to give them any more stupid ideas?The problem is they don't know they are jokes. ::facepalm:: :lol:

Members online