Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

ethical selling with regards to grading

What do you do?

• Tell them for both situations

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Only situation 2

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
Situation 1: You sub a card with a MG of 9. It doesn't meet the MG. Do you disclose that info in the auction?
Situation 2: You crack a BGS 8 out of a holder. You sell raw. Do you tell that it was graded an 8?

The first happened to me and I disclosed it. Curious to see answers.

KandKCards

Aug 8, 2008
All of my auctions I say are NM-MT. If I cracked a card that was less than NM-MT, I would say so, but otherwise no.

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
Just because a card grades one way one time does not mean that it will grade the same the next time.

Therefore...there is no reason to disclose anything, other than offer a high resolution scan noting any flaws that may not show up and move on.

JVC

Aug 24, 2008
Boston
I don't see why you would have to disclose that the card has been previously graded. I state that all the cards I sell are in nm condition or better. Whether it was graded before or not, it still meets that specification. Now, if I was to crack out a BGS 6 and try to sell it, then yes, I would disclose exactly what was wrong with the card.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
I once had a card that I had graded and it didn't mean my MG. They left their note on it, showing me that one of the grades got an 8.5. I moved the card, the guy graded it, and it scored a true gem 9.5.

I wouldn't worry about saying anything at all because stuff like what I wrote above happens. Graders differ...

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
If there is a noticeable flaw that made it not meet a MG then I would expect the seller to mention it. But i would expect that even if it had never been sent in. I sold a card that didn't meet a 9.5 because of the centering, and that was clearly shown in the scan

uniquebaseballcards

Nov 12, 2008
+1 exactly what I was thinking.

200lbhockeyplayer said:
Just because a card grades one way one time does not mean that it will grade the same the next time.

Therefore...there is no reason to disclose anything, other than offer a high resolution scan noting any flaws that may not show up and move on.

predatorkj

Aug 7, 2008
200lbhockeyplayer said:

Pretty much sums it up!

i43770

Aug 7, 2008
Portland, OR
I don't mention any kind of grade in my auctions unless the card is slabbed. I am not a grader, I will mention noticeable flaws that might not be able to be seen on the scan. I have cracked some cards in the past, PC at the time, but ended up selling off, and I didn't mention the grade it originally had (all were PSA/BGS 9 or higher).

I'm sure their are sellers out there that search for 8.5 or lower cards to crack and resell raw.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
If the card has any physical flaws then you can disclosed them if you need to.
But how, why or what the card was before, or even after you got it, is not necessary.

Members online

Latest posts