Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Am I the only one who loves the SMELL of cards?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cammy collector

May 4, 2009
Western Maryland
While performing the always tedious task of cleaning my computer desk a short time ago, I came upon a dust-laden hundred-count box (of Donruss Champions parallels for those interested) which had sat undisturbed for quite some time. I tore open the box in a state of excitement unbeknownst to seven year old boys on Christmas morning. In doing so I not only rediscovered that long lost stash of commons peppered with the likes of Doug Davis and Al Oliver, but I also inadvertently let forth a barrage of smell particles heretofor known as plasticky baseball cards, which henceforth shall only be referred to as "laminated magic". My senses overwhelmed, I drifted into a state of ecstasy. This experience has long resonated within the very depths of my soul since the mischevious days of my youth, smuggling packs from my local 7-11, loads of Upper Deck MVP tucked just out of sight in my waistband.

I can't be the only one :?

-Mike

matfanofold

Aug 10, 2008
Warren's All Stars said:
I get the same sensation, but only from cheese boxes full of vintage 50's cards :D

I once had the privlage of sniffing a ole' cigar box full of about 300+/- tobacco cards, shortly before I sold them for $2 a piece....

::facepalm::

Then again $600 to a 12 year old(in 1986) is a lot of cash!

scotty21690

Aug 7, 2008
cammy collector said:
While performing the always tedious task of cleaning my computer desk a short time ago, I came upon a dust-laden hundred-count box (of Donruss Champions parallels for those interested) which had sat undisturbed for quite some time. I tore open the box in a state of excitement unbeknownst to seven year old boys on Christmas morning. In doing so I not only rediscovered that long lost stash of commons peppered with the likes of Doug Davis and Al Oliver, but I also inadvertently let forth a barrage of smell particles heretofor known as plasticky baseball cards, which henceforth shall only be referred to as "laminated magic". My senses overwhelmed, I drifted into a state of ecstasy. This experience has long resonated within the very depths of my soul since the mischevious days of my youth, smuggling packs from my local 7-11, loads of Upper Deck MVP tucked just out of sight in my waistband.

I can't be the only one :?

-Mike
Awesome post Mike.

I do indeed love the smell of cards

rainmanesq

Aug 31, 2008
lol I like the smell of cards also, though sadly my fav products don’t produce the same fragrance as vintage cards.

js0000001

Oct 1, 2008
My two favorite smells

1. Vintage baseball cards
2. Lady privates

Not necessarily in that order

walter55

Aug 7, 2008
Brett Keith said:
The Scent of opening a box of 1997 Topps Stars might give you a sugar high.

When I saw the title of this thread the first think I thought of was 1997 Topps Stars. It has always been a favorite set of mine that has to be the most distinctive smelling cards ever. I can still smell that smell just thinking about it. Anybody know why they smelled like that?

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Brett Keith said:
The Scent of opening a box of 1997 Topps Stars might give you a sugar high.

Holy cow, I remember that smell! Somewhere between turpentine & gasoline. It was awful! :lol:

allstars

Mar 17, 2009
Warren's All Stars said:
[quote="Brett Keith":3bqsrlax]The Scent of opening a box of 1997 Topps Stars might give you a sugar high.

Holy cow, I remember that smell! Somewhere between turpentine & gasoline. It was awful! :lol:[/quote:3bqsrlax]

I actually broke a bunch of those boxes

Members online

Latest posts