Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Cal Ripken RC crack open Glued back PSA slab?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

championMan

Apr 16, 2009
261966981_o.jpg

Can U guy give me opinion if this PSA holder have been cracked open before?
I do see some Frost on the upper left and seem like glued frost on the right?
I am starting to see more and more PSA now are fake so I am worried to buy on ebay.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
The slab looks fine to me. Did you check to see if the cert. # checks out?

Also, that shiney parts on the right are where the clam shell was fused together, not glue.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
BunchOBull said:

Even if the slab was cracked open and the card replaced, the certificate # is meaningless, as it will check out as ok online. I believe there was a post here a few months ago about this subject, but with a Mantle(?) card.

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Philip J. Fry said:
BunchOBull said:

Even if the slab was cracked open and the card replaced, the certificate # is meaningless, as it will check out as ok online. I believe there was a post here a few months ago about this subject, but with a Mantle(?) card.

Being that the slab hasn't been cracked, the only other scam opportunity here would be a fake slab all together. A large faction of the fakes coming out of China have completely meaningless cert. numbers, so the certs still hold some relevance.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
BunchOBull said:
Philip J. Fry said:
BunchOBull said:

Being that the slab hasn't been cracked, the only other scam opportunity here would be a fake slab all together. A large faction of the fakes coming out of China have completely meaningless cert. numbers, so the certs still hold some relevance.

Very true. Just saying that sometimes, the certificate # is meaningless :)

championMan

Apr 16, 2009
BunchOBull said:

U have some example from those fake China slab?

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
championMan said:
BunchOBull said:

If you can find that Mantle thread Fry mention, I think I posted a few images in it for reference.

But don't worry about that slab. There is a good chance that in hand you'd hardly notice what that picture is highlighting.

Philip J. Fry

Aug 9, 2008
Ohio
BunchOBull said:
championMan said:
BunchOBull said:

If you can find that Mantle thread Fry mention, I think I posted a few images in it for reference.

But don't worry about that slab. There is a good chance that in hand you'd hardly notice what that picture is highlighting.

Wow, I didn't realize it was only a week ago.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=42261&start=0&st=0&sk=t&sd=a&hilit=fake+Mantle+PSA

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Oh, we're talking about a different thread...that's not a fake Chinese slab...that's a ProTech Mini Slab...I posted a scan of one in that thread.

The Chinese fakes look awesome, but the flip and cert #s are wrong.

championMan

Apr 16, 2009
261967149_o.jpg
How about the back of the same card
Does this look like glued on top right?
Is it possible the card is so scratch up because the person worked so hard to crack open with a sharp knife?

championMan

Apr 16, 2009
Oh I fixed the link just reload or refresh the page.
Again I really want to see the fake China slab any one find it on the search here?

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
Ok see it now. I'm not sure what that is. I'd definitely ask for a different image because it isn't telling the whole story in its current form. I still say it is fine.

I'll look for that old thread...I'm thinking it may have been a '52 Mays, not a Mantle that I'm thinking of.

championMan

Apr 16, 2009
!BRfdy!wBWk~$(KGrHgoH-CcEjlLlyiyvBJ-QR5y9eg~~_3.jpg

What is the correct logo for PSA on the back?
This is completely three different? Most likely they are all real but I am confuse

BunchOBull

Dec 12, 2008
Houston, TX
The two on the right are versions I'm familiar with...the one of the left is new to me...not all of them have the holograms, but that almost looks metallic. I honestly can't tell you if that is real or not.

championMan

Apr 16, 2009
Someone mention the China Slab fake PSA label has straight corners on the white box...the real has rounded.
So this is real?52T261_Mays_mastro07.jpg

And this is fake?
235352164_o.jpg

Latest posts