Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

How 'Bout them Bills!!?!!?!

Is the Bills 5-1 start a fluke or are they a real AFC East contender?

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
Lifelong Bills fan here. Nice to see some excitement back at Ralph Wilson! Any other Bills fans here?? Just wanted to see what the opinion on their 5-1 start. Fluke? Real?

My take is this: Trent Edwards is the spark in their offense and without him we are probably 0-6. If he doesn't play and Losman is in there, we stink. Period. No way do we pull out a Raider victory, no way do we beat San Diego.

The defense is strong enough to cause some turnovers, but defense alone doesn't win games, we all know that. Let's hear some opinions.

pac_rat_76

Aug 10, 2008
Minnesota
I really enjoyed the Bills back in the Thurman Thomas, Jim Kelly, Andre Reed days and have been following them ever since. Really wish they would have won at least one of those Super Bowls... but that didn't turn out so well. I think they have a decent shot at making a playoff run this year. Besides the Titans, no AFC team has been that impressive so far. I think that this Bills team can play with anyone right now. That may change in a few weeks but right now they look legit.

ffgameman

Aug 7, 2008
Kentucky
The Steelers have been good despite numerous injuries.

pac_rat_76 said:
I really enjoyed the Bills back in the Thurman Thomas, Jim Kelly, Andre Reed days and have been following them ever since. Really wish they would have won at least one of those Super Bowls... but that didn't turn out so well. I think they have a decent shot at making a playoff run this year. Besides the Titans, no AFC team has been that impressive so far. I think that this Bills team can play with anyone right now. That may change in a few weeks but right now they look legit.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
pac_rat_76 said:

Those were my favorite years for Buffalo. Great D, powerful offense, superior special teams. Levy was a great coach during his stretch. I hope this team can continue to be healthy. If they lose Trent, they will fall off the map. These next 3 division weeks will be crucial to who will win the division.

madman1978

ffgameman said:
The Steelers have been good despite numerous injuries.

pac_rat_76 said:
I think that is am understatement!
In last weeks game we had 4 Starters inactive due to injury Simmons and Smith from the O-line, Wilie Parker and Casey Hampton-NT. Yes I do realize they played the Bungals.

madman1978

wideright said:
Lifelong Bills fan here. Nice to see some excitement back at Ralph Wilson! Any other Bills fans here?? Just wanted to see what the opinion on their 5-1 start. Fluke? Real?

My take is this: Trent Edwards is the spark in their offense and without him we are probably 0-6. If he doesn't play and Losman is in there, we stink. Period. No way do we pull out a Raider victory, no way do we beat San Diego.

The defense is strong enough to cause some turnovers, but defense alone doesn't win games, we all know that. Let's hear some opinions.
One thing that has been in their favor to date is no Division games. Edwards has been playing well. MANAGING the O well. I still believe it is too early to judge and that goes for all of the division leaders
After they have 8 games in for this season you should a better comparison on how they will match up to the other Division Leaders.

tide12champrings

Aug 8, 2008
Gulf Shores
The AFC is setup perfect for one of the lower tier teams to make the playoffs. Edwards has played well but I still don't think He'll make it through the season with an injury. Losman will move on at the end of the season and the guy will make an impact on another team. The Bills basicly screwed the guy nine ways from Sunday. Hopefully the Bills continue to play well and not **** the bed at the end.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
tide12champrings said:
The AFC is setup perfect for one of the lower tier teams to make the playoffs. Edwards has played well but I still don't think He'll make it through the season with an injury. Losman will move on at the end of the season and the guy will make an impact on another team. The Bills basicly screwed the guy nine ways from Sunday. Hopefully the Bills continue to play well and not shat the bed at the end.

All Losman can do is throw the longball. All bills fans up here in CNY hate the guy because he basically the AFC version of Rex Grossman.

wideright

Aug 7, 2008
mwashuc06 said:
tide12champrings said:
The AFC is setup perfect for one of the lower tier teams to make the playoffs. Edwards has played well but I still don't think He'll make it through the season with an injury. Losman will move on at the end of the season and the guy will make an impact on another team. The Bills basicly screwed the guy nine ways from Sunday. Hopefully the Bills continue to play well and not shat the bed at the end.

All Losman can do is throw the longball. All bills fans up here in CNY hate the guy because he basically the AFC version of Rex Grossman.

Losman just isn't that good. I don't think the Bills screwed him over at all. Without Hardy, this is the same Bills offense that Losman had to work with last year and he failed. Miserably. He had one or two good games I'll give him that, but then Edwards stole the show. He can't get rid of the ball quick enough, he can't think fast enough.

Members online

Latest posts