Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

BGS grades popped

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
Small submission that's not too exciting since 2 of the 3 cards were for sub-bumps and neither got it (I had a couple so I figured I'd give it a shot) but the other one is nice, especially since it's a card that many assume when raw is trimmed:

2001 SPx Albert Pujols Auto: BGS 9 (10,8.5,9,9.5)

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Topnotchsy said:
Small submission that's not too exciting since 2 of the 3 cards were for sub-bumps and neither got it (I had a couple so I figured I'd give it a shot) but the other one is nice, especially since it's a card that many assume when raw is trimmed:

Think your auto itself will get a 10?

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
Jaypers said:
Topnotchsy said:

Think your auto itself will get a 10?
You tell me:

DSCN1817.jpg

Bruin7

Aug 7, 2008
FL
The auto looks great. The only thing I can't tell is whether there's bubbling in the ink. Sometimes BGS hands out 9s for such. I hope you get a 10 bro.

Allen

mredsox89

Aug 29, 2008
Miami/Boston
Bruin7 said:
The auto looks great. The only thing I can't tell is whether there's bubbling in the ink. Sometimes BGS hands out 9s for such. I hope you get a 10 bro.

Allen

Yea, their auto grade standards seem pretty inconsistent so hopefully you can get the 10

Topnotchsy

Aug 7, 2008
mredsox89 said:
Bruin7 said:

Allen

Yea, their auto grade standards seem pretty inconsistent so hopefully you can get the 10
Thanks guys. I agree, it definitely could go either way. I've seen worse 10's, but that's no guarantee. I am pretty happy with the 9 as I really would not have been surprised with an 8.5. Honestly I never really looked the card over well, and was grading it just to alleviate any worries of trimming that might have come when I sold it. I knew it wasn't trimmed because I measured it up against some commons and it was spot-on, but I did not want to take a chance in case I decided to move it.

Members online

Latest posts