Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Who needs Manny when you have Matty!!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
My boy, Matt Kemp, cranked a granny tonight! Put the Dodgers up 6-0 early! He had been in a big slump and that's a great way to get out of one.

I do believe that Manny's bat will be missed some, but I still think this young team is developing well. I'm glad to see them respond well after hearing the news today. They didn't lay down. Instead, they just play with a greater intensity.

Go Dodgers!

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
kdailey4315 said:
As a Giants fan I have only one thing to say. OVERRATED.

Yeah because there are so many athletic guys capable of playing a strong CF that hit for power and can swipe 35 bags. Very overrated. :?

BGSRCGUY

Aug 7, 2008
Orange County
pujolsjunkie said:
kdailey4315 said:

Yeah because there are so many athletic guys capable of playing a strong CF that hit for power and can swipe 35 bags. Very overrated. :?

He is just angry his team is awful, At least they have Tim for a few more years.

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
pujolsjunkie said:
kdailey4315 said:

Grady Sizemore
Carl Crawford
BJ Upton
Jacoby Ellsbury (Maybe not power yet)
Rick Ankiel
Tori Hunter
Johnny Damon (Not as much power but close)
Carlos Beltran

Is that enough or should I go on?

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
ProspectorsAdvantage said:
pujolsjunkie said:
kdailey4315 said:

He is just angry his team is awful, At least they have Tim for a few more years.

I'm not angry at all. I just hate the Dodgers. There's nothing wrong with that being a Giants fan. We have the best rotation in baseball we just can't hit for ****. We'll play right where I expect us to play. Right at .500. That doesn't mean I'm not going to take some shots at the Dodgers. Isn't that what being die hard fans is all about?

tommyfro21

Aug 8, 2008
kdailey4315 said:
pujolsjunkie said:
kdailey4315 said:

I'm not angry at all. I just hate the Dodgers. There's nothing wrong with that being a Giants fan. We have the best rotation in baseball we just can't hit for shat. We'll play right where I expect us to play. Right at .500. That doesn't mean I'm not going to take some shots at the Dodgers. Isn't that what being die hard fans is all about?

Glad to hear you want to give out shots because that means you are willing to take them in return... :)

I do think it's funny to call Matt Kemp overrated....from the team who is relying on guys like Fred Lewis or Randy Winn to break a game wide open. :lol:

kdailey4315

Mar 4, 2009
tommyfro21 said:
kdailey4315 said:
pujolsjunkie said:
kdailey4315 said:

I'm not angry at all. I just hate the Dodgers. There's nothing wrong with that being a Giants fan. We have the best rotation in baseball we just can't hit for shat. We'll play right where I expect us to play. Right at .500. That doesn't mean I'm not going to take some shots at the Dodgers. Isn't that what being die hard fans is all about?

Glad to hear you want to give out shots because that means you are willing to take them in return... :)

I do think it's funny to call Matt Kemp overrated....from the team who is relying on guys like Fred Lewis or Randy Winn to break a game wide open. :lol:

Don't worry I can take it. It's all about the Dodgers and Giants rivalry. I can't even rely on Fred Lewis to catch a can of corn routine fly ball in the outfield let alone break the game wide open. We have a lead off hitter, 7 #8 hitters and then the pitcher.

MacK

Aug 7, 2008
kdailey4315 said:
pujolsjunkie said:
kdailey4315 said:

Grady Sizemore
Carl Crawford
BJ Upton
Rick Ankiel
Tori Hunter
Carlos Beltran

Rick Ankiel would never steal 35 bases. He had 2 last year.

ronfromfresno

Aug 7, 2008
Fresno, CA
kdailey4315 said:
tommyfro21 said:
kdailey4315 said:
pujolsjunkie said:
[quote="kdailey4315":2rgizord]As a Giants fan I have only one thing to say. OVERRATED.

Don't worry I can take it. It's all about the Dodgers and Giants rivalry. I can't even rely on Fred Lewis to catch a can of corn routine fly ball in the outfield let alone break the game wide open. We have a lead off hitter, 7 #8 hitters and then the pitcher.[/quote:2rgizord]

Actually Bochy wants to bat certain pitchers, like Cain and Johnson, 8th in the line up. :oops:

darocker80

Aug 7, 2008
Lincecum Land
pujolsjunkie said:
kdailey4315 said:

But somehow have just as good records as the Mets and Phillies

BGSRCGUY

Aug 7, 2008
Orange County
darocker80 said:
pujolsjunkie said:
kdailey4315 said:

But somehow have just as good records as the Mets and Phillies

How would the Giants do in the NL east?

pujolsjunkie

Aug 8, 2008
Skorris CCBC said:
kdailey4315 said:
pujolsjunkie said:
kdailey4315 said:

Grady Sizemore
Carl Crawford
BJ Upton
Rick Ankiel
Tori Hunter
Carlos Beltran

Crawford doesn't play CF. Despite his exceptional speed, he plays just a passable LF. He also has little power, having hit his first HR since last June tonight. Damon no longer plays CF, and is a complete butcher in left. I watch him on a routine basis as a Yankee fan, and it's hard to watch, though in his twilight years he is pumping up his power game. Hunter, Ankiel and Ellsbury either don't match Kemp's power or speed (Hunter and Ankiel the latter, Ellsbury the former obviously). Talent-wise, Upton is there with Kemp, and likely exceeds him, though in terms of actual on-field production, he still lags behind (though 2008 can be given a pass due to his shoulder issue).

That leaves Sizemore and Beltran, two of the games best all around players. Kemp isn't as good as those guys, but that doesn't make him overrated.

He is a top-shelf talent and the Dodgers would be very hard pressed to replace him if he were to go down at any point.

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
Skorris CCBC said:
kdailey4315 said:
pujolsjunkie said:
kdailey4315 said:

Grady Sizemore
Carl Crawford
BJ Upton
Rick Ankiel
Tori Hunter
Carlos Beltran

Ankiel will steal 35 bases. That will be total career stole bases :D

Topnotchsy

Featured Contributor, The best players in history?
Aug 7, 2008
pujolsjunkie said:
Crawford doesn't play CF. Despite his exceptional speed, he plays just a passable LF. He also has little power, having hit his first HR since last June tonight. Damon no longer plays CF, and is a complete butcher in left. I watch him on a routine basis as a Yankee fan, and it's hard to watch, though in his twilight years he is pumping up his power game. Hunter, Ankiel and Ellsbury either don't match Kemp's power or speed (Hunter and Ankiel the latter, Ellsbury the former obviously). Talent-wise, Upton is there with Kemp, and likely exceeds him, though in terms of actual on-field production, he still lags behind (though 2008 can be given a pass due to his shoulder issue).

That leaves Sizemore and Beltran, two of the games best all around players. Kemp isn't as good as those guys, but that doesn't make him overrated.

He is a top-shelf talent and the Dodgers would be very hard pressed to replace him if he were to go down at any point.
He's no CF (obviously) but he plays far better than a "passable" left field. He's always in the discussion for a Gold Glove. Despite his power numbers being down the last couple of seasons, he has hit as many as 18 which while not a huge number, when coupled with a .300+ BA, 50+ steals and great defense is pretty darn good. I'd take him over Kemp.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts