Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

B.J. Upton's stats are horribly bad this year.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
What's up with B.J. Upton this year?
ESPN.com stats show he has the worst batting average in the entire majors at .159
He has 0 homers and 3 rbi in 22 games (88 at bats).
Is he playing hurt? Anybody who's watched him this season notice anything different in his swing?
I thought this would be his breakout season.
By the way, I'm a fan, so I'm not bashing him or anyone who's invested in his cards.

markakis8

Oct 31, 2008
Honestly, anyone of BJ's talent, a topic like this should be discussed AFTER the AS break.

ANYONE can go through a HUGE slump. And the reason BJ has horrible stats in HR and RBI's is b/c....

1). He was hurt at the start of the season and April was like ST to him...

2). He is hitting leadoff...

I hate the Rays btw....no biased-ness here...

Austin

Aug 7, 2008
Dallas, Texas
markakis8 said:
Honestly, anyone of BJ's talent, a topic like this should be discussed AFTER the AS break.
ANYONE can go through a HUGE slump. And the reason BJ has horrible stats in HR and RBI's is b/c....
1). He was hurt at the start of the season and April was like ST to him...
2). He is hitting leadoff...
I hate the Rays btw....no biased-ness here...
Yeah, that's why I asked if he's still hurt or he looks different at the plate.
It just seems like he may have come back from his injury too quickly.

Brett Keith

Aug 7, 2008
Peoria, IL
To add to what markakis8 said, he seemed to be getting warm, then had the quad injury. It didn't cost him much time, but it seemed to be enough to stop his momentum. Now he's sick, so another interruption. He also seems to be pressing, in addition to not having his timing. Here's hoping he breaks out of his slump the same way his brother has, and soon.

Members online

Latest posts