Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Justin Upton is en fuego.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gomatt

Oct 1, 2008
At the beginning of the year, I was worried. Upton was not hitting and striking out a lot. There was talk of him being demoted. But something has clicked and he is playing really well right now...

In May, he's batting .400 with Four Home Runs (1400+OPS) in 25 ABs. 14 game hit streak.

Someone once told me to only buy the best. When Upton plays like this, at only 21, you know he's got the potential to be transcendental good. It's going to be exciting to watch him and Longoria over the next ten years.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
gomatt said:
At the beginning of the year, I was worried. Upton was not hitting and striking out a lot. There was talk of him being demoted. But something has clicked and he is playing really well right now...

In May, he's batting .400 with Four Home Runs (1400+OPS) in 25 ABs. 14 game hit streak.

Someone once told me to only buy the best. When Upton plays like this, at only 21, you know he's got the potential to be transcendental good. It's going to be exciting to watch him and Longoria over the next ten years.

he has been overrated forever, bout time he did something.

WoundedDuck

Aug 23, 2008
EricInCT said:

I agree, it's about time he finally did something. I mean he is already 21. I can't belive he wasn't belting 30+ homers last year at 20. Late bloomer I guess. If he doesn't keep this up for the rest of the season, I'm just going to sell of everything I have of him /end sarcasm :p :lol: :p :lol: :p :lol: :p

On a serious note. He has been overyly hyped, but that's not exactly his fault. It's nice to see him do well and while I do hate the youth excuse, I don't think you can call him a success or a failure for a few more years.

EricInCT

Jan 8, 2009
WoundedDuck said:
EricInCT said:

I agree, it's about time he finally did something. I mean he is already 21. I can't belive he wasn't belting 30+ homers last year at 20. Late bloomer I guess. If he doesn't keep this up for the rest of the season, I'm just going to sell of everything I have of him /end sarcasm :p :lol: :p :lol: :p :lol: :p

On a serious note. He has been overyly hyped, but that's not exactly his fault. It's nice to see him do well and while I do hate the youth excuse, I don't think you can call him a success or a failure for a few more years.

Heh. I don't own any of his stuff nor do I plan to.

Members online

Latest posts