Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Another fishy UD auto, or just a "who cares" kinda thing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
...or maybe both?

I bought some UD Spectrum today and got a Susie Feldman autograph. Checked ebay to see if it was worth listing and noticed that the one I got looks nothing like ANY of the other ones shown.

Here is the one I pulled today:

feldman.jpg

and here is a sample of a similar card found on ebay. All the ones I saw on ebay look pretty much like this one.

BOSdJQBGkKGrHgoH-CQEkJwwr3WBJt8KHFh.jpg

What do you guys think?

Is mine just a weird variation signature, or might it be signed by someone other than her?

Not really a big deal, I know. Just wondering if it is another case of UD quality control at work.

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
I have no idea on that one...other than the bottom looks like how she usually probably signs her name and the top one looks like she tried signing it with her left hand...or maybe her 2 year old child..............would definitely be sending the scans via email to UD and see whats up....

TK

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
That is a sweet variation. Looks like she just printed her name. I got a Jered Weaver masterpieces auto like it. I'd rather have that version than regular. More unique and may be the only one like it that was signed that way.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
matchpenalty said:
That is a sweet variation. Looks like she just printed her name. I got a Jered Weaver masterpieces auto like it. I'd rather have that version than regular. More unique and may be the only one like it that was signed that way.

Yes, I am wondering if it is a variation. Kinda seems like if it were someone else signing for her that there would be more than just the one I have out there. Wish UD would have stated that there might be variations like this one. So far, can't find another one like it. Oh well, I will just hold onto it, I guess.

G $MONEY$

Feb 8, 2009
Calgary
matchpenalty said:

Maybe Corey helped her with the signings of the stickers? :oops:

Since he cant hand write like a girl, he just printed them out :oops:

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
No way to know, but the way upper- and lower-case letters are mixed indicates inconsistency and unpredictability, so it would make sense she'd sign some and print others.

matchpenalty

Jan 12, 2009
North East
G $MONEY$ said:
matchpenalty said:

Maybe Corey helped her with the signings of the stickers? :oops:

Since he cant hand write like a girl, he just printed them out :oops:

Might need to bump that thread. Still can't believe people don't think Corey signed those.

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
Well, Upper Deck got right back to me. I emailed them an hour or so ago and just got a reply:

Hello Andrew

Some celebrites and athletes like to change their signature when they sign. Sometimes it is to be unique and other times it could be hand fatigue, sloppiness, etc. The card you have is authentic and is just a variation of her autograph card. Thank you

Upper deck

Kudos to UD for responding so quickly. While I am not totally convinced with their answer, I will just keep the card in my collection as an oddity.

If it indeed were signed by Corey, it would at least be unique!

chisox3706

Aug 15, 2008
nw indiana/chicagoland
JackLondon said:
Well, Upper Deck got right back to me. I emailed them an hour or so ago and just got a reply:

Hello Andrew

Some celebrites and athletes like to change their signature when they sign. Sometimes it is to be unique and other times it could be hand fatigue, sloppiness, etc. The card you have is authentic and is just a variation of her autograph card. Thank you

Upper deck

Kudos to UD for responding so quickly. While I am not totally convinced with their answer, I will just keep the card in my collection as an oddity.

If it indeed were signed by Corey, it would at least be unique!

wow VERY quick answer!! if only they could apply that quickness to fulfilling redemption requests......................

beberly

Aug 7, 2008
Binghamton, NY
We all know that some autos are hard/impossible to make out. Upper Deck probably has every signer print their name on one sticker on the sheet so they can be sure that they have the correct signature for the cards. Maybe a few of those stickers mistakenly make their way onto the cards. I remember when people were finding the wrong signatures on cards and this might be a new way for the companies to prevent that from happening.

Just a thought.

HawaiianLance

Aug 7, 2008
I wonder if maybe at the top of the label sheet someone at UD intentionally writes on one of the stickers to either A) Indicate whose "name" is on the sheet itself for future identification purposes. And/or B) To show the celebrity where and how their signature should be placed on the stickers.

Having worked with a variety of people in a variety of fields, it wouldn't surprise in the least that many celebrities have no ... 'real life conception' I guess you could call it, or practical application of how these stickers are to be used; what the final product will look like. Oftentimes you have to 'do one' before they understand what's to be done. For all their charisma, beauty, charm and creative talent - they're not the sharpest pencils in the box.

To me - that's clearly been signed by a male.

BGSRCGUY

Aug 7, 2008
Orange County
HawaiianLance said:
I wonder if maybe at the top of the label sheet someone at UD intentionally writes on one of the stickers to either A) Indicate whose "name" is on the sheet itself for future identification purposes. And/or B) To show the celebrity where and how their signature should be placed on the stickers.

Having worked with a variety of people in a variety of fields, it wouldn't surprise in the least that many celebrities have no ... 'real life conception' I guess you could call it, or practical application of how these stickers are to be used; what the final product will look like. Oftentimes you have to 'do one' before they understand what's to be done. For all their charisma, beauty, charm and creative talent - they're not the sharpest pencils in the box.

To me - that's clearly been signed by a male.

The A in the last name looks like a star, I do not of any males that sign their a's with stars...

JackLondon

Aug 23, 2008
California
To further confuse the issue, check out this one I just found on ebay. Look at the last A in Feldman. It is the same "star shaped A" as in my weird example. Curiouser and curiouser....

BRlS0rCGkKGrHgoOKj0EjlLmRc54BJ-yhq5.jpg

Hard to tell it's my day off, huh? :)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts