Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Does this look like a spoof email from paypal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
I sent it [email protected] just in case,and i checked my paypal & don't see anything fishy.

Hello roger grider,

Because of a technical issue we experienced, we did not charge you the fee for a recent payment you received. To correct this mistake, three business days from today we will debit your PayPal account balance to collect this fee. In terms of next steps, you don’t need to do anything.

We want you to know that this technical issue has been fixed and your future transaction fees should be deducted as normal.

We apologize for the inconvenience this may have caused and appreciate your understanding as we correct the issue. If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to contact us.

Thank you for being a PayPal customer,

PayPal Operations

© 2009 PayPal Inc. All rights reserved. PayPal is located at 2211 N. First St., San Jose, CA 95131.

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
It sounds kind of strange, but since they are not trying to get you to sign in or do anything then I dont even know what the point of sending the email to people would be......

TK

Adamsince1981

Aug 7, 2008
I delete any emails from eBay or PayPal and go directly to the site. Any thing official will be there when you log in.

pujolsthomefan33

Aug 7, 2008
Illinois
Also if there is really an issue or problem, PAYPAL has always called me...they have never emailed me unless it was about a dispute or claim.

TK

smapdi

Aug 7, 2008
It's probably legit. I think Paypal's having some data management issues. Last week I got an email saying they re-charged my account in April for a payment I made last October, but they had found the error and were crediting my card back. That email also had no links for me to sign up or verify info or whatever phishers do, and it had my real name.

J.O.

Aug 7, 2008
first off, the non-capitalized name is weird. also if you cal paypal, they're "hold" music tells you that (i think) they always start with "Dear (your name)" not hello

brumbach

Back in October I got a real Notification of Limited Access email from Paypal. I actually have 5 emails in total, one notification, one to login and change my password, one to answer security questions, one that gave me a phone number to call from a land line, and a final one saying that it was all good. Your supposed issue appears to be different but the lower caps name is a real red flag unless this is how you signed up, I don't remember if the Paypal registration is case sensitive or not. These are the original and legitimate emails from Paypal (I have X'd out the original case ID numbers):

Notification of Limited Account Access RXI033

Dear William Brumbach,

As part of our security measures, we regularly screen activity in the
PayPal system. During a recent screening, we noticed an issue regarding
your account.

We have reason to believe that your account was accessed by a third party.
We have limited access to sensitive PayPal account features in case your
account has been accessed by an unauthorized third party. We understand
that having limited access can be an inconvenience, but protecting your
account is our primary concern.

Case ID Number: PP-***-***-***

For your protection, we have limited access to your account until
additional security measures can be completed. We apologize for any
inconvenience this may cause.

To review your account and some or all of the information that PayPal used
to make its decision to limit your account access, please visit the
Resolution Center. If, after reviewing your account information, you seek
further clarification regarding your account access, please contact PayPal
by visiting the Help Center and clicking "Contact Us".

We thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. Please understand
that this is a security measure intended to help protect you and your
account. We apologize for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,
PayPal Account Review Department

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you
will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account
and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

PayPal Email ID PPXXX

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your password and security questions have changed

Dear William Brumbach,

This email confirms that you created a new password and selected security questions for your PayPal account on Oct. 8, 2008.

If you didn’t make these changes, please contact us at 402-935-7733.

Thank you.

Sincerely,
PayPal

Security Advisory: When you log in to your PayPal account, be sure to open up a new web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer or Netscape) and type in the PayPal URL to make sure you are on the real PayPal website.
For more information on protecting yourself from fraud, please review the Security Tips in our Security Center.

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

PayPal Email ID PPXXXX

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

PayPal Security Question and Answer Change

Dear William Brumbach,

The security questions and answers for William Brumbach's PayPal account were changed on Oct. 8, 2008.

If you did not authorize this change, please contact us immediately using the phone number found on the following page:

https://www.paypal.com/us/contact-phone

Thank you for using PayPal!
The PayPal Team

Security Advisory: When you log in to your PayPal account, be sure to open up a new web browser (e.g. Internet Explorer or Netscape) and type in the PayPal URL to make sure you are on the real PayPal website.
For more information on protecting yourself from fraud, please review the Security Tips in our Security Center.

Please do not reply to this email. This mailbox is not monitored and you will not receive a response. For assistance, log in to your PayPal account and click the Help link in the top right corner of any PayPal page.

PayPal Email ID PPXXX

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Confirm Location by Phone Results

Dear William Brumbach,

Congratulations, by successfully answering our automated phone call, you have confirmed that you are located at the address you have on file. This further increases the security of our network.

Thank you for helping us test our Confirm Location by Phone process. Your account information has been updated to reflect your successful completion of this process.

Sincerely,
PayPal

PayPal Email ID PPXXX

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Your PayPal Account has been Restored

Dear William Brumbach,

We have completed our review and have restored your account.

Thank you for your patience during this process and for helping to make PayPal the safest and most trusted online payment solution.

Sincerely,
PayPal Account Review Department

PayPal Email ID PPXXX

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

These are what real Paypal emails look like, not some dope in Nigeria or Romania.

Bornagaincollector

Aug 7, 2008
Cleveland,Ohio
I recieved a email this moring from [email protected] and they say it's real,and i found one in my ebay messages this morning that was sent yesterday...I have checked all my tranactions and i have been charged a fee everytime with paypal,so i replyed to the email stating show me proof & a transaction # that i wasn't charged.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts