Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

Granderson - Catch of the Year?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
Make sure you watch Baseball Tonight. Verlander was dealing and the Tigers were up 1-0 in the ninth. He walked a guy to put the tying run on first. Sizemore hit a ball to centerfield and Granderson stole a home run from him.

I know I have seen guys steal home runs before but I don't know if I have ever seen it in the ninth inning to save a game. Make sure you see the replay.

OhioBobcat3

Aug 7, 2008
Ohio
It was a very nice catch. Unfortunately, my Indians were on the receiving of it. They can't catch a break right now to save their lives... :(

bigalexx

Aug 7, 2008
El Segundo, CA
archiebunkerjr said:
I know I have seen guys steal home runs before but I don't know if I have ever seen it in the ninth inning to save a game. Make sure you see the replay.
I'll try to remember to see it. Torii Hunter did the same thing last year to record the 3rd out.

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
OhioBobcat3 said:
It was a very nice catch. Unfortunately, my Indians were on the receiving of it. They can't catch a break right now to save their lives... :(

Yeah, it was a real tough break for them when the Tigers scored their run as well. The Tigers would never have scored if that second basemen hadn't double clutched his throw to first.

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
bigalexx said:
archiebunkerjr said:
I'll try to remember to see it. Torii Hunter did the same thing last year to record the 3rd out.

Now that I think about it, I remember Chet Lemon stole a home run from Rod Carew in the ninth inning to save the victory for Detroit. The game was played in Anaheim. That must have been somewhere between 1982-1985.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Incredible play. The replay doesn't do it justice. Watching the game though... it was a complete pitchers duel (the only run was scored on a broken bat infield "single") and finally when someone hit a ball hard, Granderson makes a spectacular play to save the game.

archiebunkerjr

Dec 11, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Incredible play. The replay doesn't do it justice. Watching the game though... it was a complete pitchers duel (the only run was scored on a broken bat infield "single") and finally when someone hit a ball hard, Granderson makes a spectacular play to save the game.

I feel bad for Cliff Lee. He pitched his ass off.

OhioBobcat3

Aug 7, 2008
Ohio
archiebunkerjr said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

I feel bad for Cliff Lee. He pitched his ass off.

Yep. Cliff has gotten TWO total runs of support over his last four starts. Simply ridiculous.

That said, Verlander has looked amazing in his two starts against the Indians. He was in total control. Not good for the Indians since they beat him 5 times last year, but very good for the Tigers looking forward.

Zymco

Nov 14, 2008
Bellflower, California
It was most certainly going out, and I don't believe anyone would argue that. Because of the situation I think it made have been the most important great catch this season. Tremendous athleticism.

nborton

Aug 7, 2008
Winston-Salem, NC
That was an amazing catch. :shock: Especially considering it was a game ending walk off homerun for the win. It would have been awesome enough in the first inning. But considering the circumstances it has to be the catch of the year so far.

gt2590

Super Moderator
Aug 17, 2008
Near Philly
Yeah, the timing of it made it the catch of the year so far, and it probably won't be beat the rest of the year either.

Members online

Latest posts