Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

WHO'S MY NEW HERO

WHAT [i:22vhpgk3]unknown juicer[/i:22vhpgk3] can do it?

• Pujols - If i Hope on him, I will still wait for cards to go down

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • OTHER?

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
MANNY, MANNY, MANNY....

I went into seclusion for 2 days and told my wife I am DONE Collecting. I WAS SO PO'd. I don't really have a player collection, as I collect MANY players from MANY teams...mainly players I feel have a good chance to be hofers some day....I did have maybe 10 good MANNY cards, including the CRUSADE RED which I recently purchased from a board member. I also had a game used inscribed bat of his, a logo card, a few of his rare rookies, and a few others...hardly a player collection, but still, he was MY ONE HOPE THAT WOULD BEAT THE HR RECORD of a non-juicer. To me, baseball will never save its face unless the two HR Records can ever be overcome by someone who is not juiced...manny i thought was my only legitimate possibility. Perhaps PUjols, but he has a LONG way to go, and his crap is still too overly priced (IMHO -sorry pujols collectors).

Cabrera, I just don't care much for him...why, I don't know why...

Anyway, whom should I collect that stands a chance (slim as it may be)?

I think all of my choices are slim, but who do i HOPE and collect on now???

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
Griffey. If anyone did not use, it has to be him. If he did, I would be crushed and probably give up any interest in baseball for it being a complete sham

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
Brad said:
Griffey. If anyone did not use, it has to be him. If he did, I would be crushed and probably give up any interest in baseball for it being a complete sham

but what are his chances of beating bonds all-time HR Record...that's what I think baseball needs to save face.

Brad

Aug 23, 2008
hofautos said:
Brad said:

but what are his chances of beating bonds all-time HR Record...that's what I think baseball needs to save face.
I missed the HR record part. I was just talking in general and do not think Griff can get the record. Though as Coastal said. I think Dunn has not used and is just naturally strong for being that big. He averages 40 homers a year too.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
AKA Coastal said:
How about Dunn?

I like DUNN, but its going to take 13 40HR seasons to do it...he's got a long road ahead of him, but hes only 29...he can do it..
I have a half dozen of his cards too...just picked up another INT refractor tonite too

!BSDrjSwBmk~$(KGrHgoOKisEjlLl5Pu2BKBNUbGwG!~~_1.jpg

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
Brad said:
hofautos said:
Brad said:

I missed the HR record part. I was just talking in general and do not think Griff can get the record. Though as Coastal said. I think Dunn has not used and is just naturally strong for being that big. He averages 40 homers a year too.

Griffey can do it...but would take a small miracle....he only needs EXACTLY 150 more HR to do it. Maybe he will have some reobound mid season, and then kick booty 5 consecutive years...boy wouldn't that be exciting....

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Non-juicer's...P.Fielder is the only guy who's got "age" on his side if you don't like Miggy or possibly Pujols. Too bad Ryan Howard didn't get to the league at an earlier age as he probably would've KILLED the record (but he's 30ish now). I think the only 2 that are realistic bets as of now are Pujols & roided Arod.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
HoustonTeams4Me said:
Non-juicer's...P.Fielder is the only guy who's got "age" on his side if you don't like Miggy or possibly Pujols. Too bad Ryan Howard didn't get to the league at an earlier age as he probably would've KILLED the record (but he's 30ish now). I think the only 2 that are realistic bets as of now are Pujols & roided Arod.

Prince Fielder is too fat, so don't think longevity is on his side.
AROD don't count...So who do you think are the best "longshots"?

zach

Aug 7, 2008
Evil Empire
Brad said:

I know there are a lot of Griffey collectors and my following comment may upset a few. However, all of his injuries over the past few years has made him suspect (IMO) to being a "juicer".

Yes, I know the true, devout Griffey collectors will say "no way" did he juice. But his injuries and stats show something different to me.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Pujols is the only one on the list that actually has a legitimate shot at it. Cabrera might too, but he is still way too young to be able to say.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
Pujols is the only one on the list that actually has a legitimate shot at it. Cabrera might too, but he is still way too young to be able to say.

I actually think Pujols would be a bigger longshot than some of the others.
He would need 11 consecutive years of batting 40HR/season...11 years is a LONG time...you have to also figure he is going to have a couple slump years and a some declining years too...He's good, but he's not superman....

Aug 29, 2008
hofautos said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:

I actually think Pujols would be a bigger longshot than some of the others.
He would need 11 consecutive years of batting 40HR/season...11 years is a LONG time...you have to also figure he is going to have a couple slump years and a some declining years too...He's good, but he's not superman....

Of course its going to be hard for Pujols but breaking the HR mark mean essentially averaging 40 HRs for 20 straight years. I think Arod will push the record to over 800 and then it won't be touched again for a very long time. I think its almost even coming to a point where the record will be closed off to guys that spend 3 or 4 years in college. Guys like Braun and Longo, arguably the top 2 sluggers to come out of college recently either need to start hitting like 50 a year for the next 15 years or play at a very high level into there mid 40's to have a chance.

It will take essentially a freak of nature like Arod of Pujols. Breaks into the league at 20/21 and starts mashing 40+ a year for a very long time.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
I actually think Andruw has a chance, but that is providing he gets at bats and CAN turn it around. At only 32 years old and very capable of hitting 40-50HR. Thome or Delgado I both feel have better chance of getting near the Record than Pujols.

Members online

Latest posts