Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

PREVIEW another Cut auto - Joe Dimaggio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
Knuckles is finishing up my order...here's the last of the three...He made the same card for me before (well very similar, but I didn't care for the auto - I tried to steam off a stamp off cache envelope, and kind of blew it....welp, nice crisp auto on this one !

dimcut3.jpg

A_Pharis

I was actually in the process of making a custom cut for my slabbed DiMaggio sig one day when I was bored. Finally took out my sig to actually measure it and realized the sig is way too big to fit on a standard sized card so I scrapped the idea. Still needed a bit of tweaking anyway so that when I shrank the image the text didn't become pixelated... but I stashed the idea away now anyway.

Dim_Cut.png

DRav87

Aug 11, 2008
Wisconsin
A_Pharis said:
I was actually in the process of making a custom cut for my slabbed DiMaggio sig one day when I was bored. Finally took out my sig to actually measure it and realized the sig is way too big to fit on a standard sized card so I scrapped the idea. Still needed a bit of tweaking anyway so that when I shrank the image the text didn't become pixelated... but I stashed the idea away now anyway.

Now that is a nice card!! Very well done!

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
That is VERY NICE! I do wish Knuckles did more with his fonts.

I don't get the "stadium" thing though? Is that just your "brand name"?

Yea, that is the biggest problem when I look for autos...finding ones that aren't too big or that have annoying backgrounds, or that are signed at angles, or signed around other things that can't get "cut out".

A_Pharis

hofautos said:
That is VERY NICE! I do wish Knuckles did more with his fonts.

I don't get the "stadium" thing though? Is that just your "brand name"?

Yea, that is the biggest problem when I look for autos...finding ones that aren't too big or that have annoying backgrounds, or that are signed at angles, or signed around other things that can't get "cut out".

Nah, since most of my slabbed autos are on notebook paper or on lined index cards, I wanted it to have a theme.. so I figured "stadium souvenirs" was catchy.. I was still working out how to word it, though, because "stadium souvenirs cuts" doesn't really work. I think I should put "Cuts" inside two dashes or something so it doesn't seem like it's part of "Stadium Souvenirs".

Thanks for the compliments, though... shame the card won't get made.

Members online

Latest posts