Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

I love stupid questions...especially when they are from me..

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
While I was looking at HR stats, a name popped up that I never ever hear of?
Is he an ass to the media (ala randy johnson), just really quiet (ala larry walker), an ass (ala manny), poor defense (ala dunn), or whats the deal why you never hear much of him...or is he as popular as berkman, and i just have been sleeping...

Paul Konerko

Pine Tar

Mar 1, 2009
Oswego,Illinois
They did talk about him one season, back when the WhiteSox won the world series.

Other then that he seems to fly under the radar. Even more so that Thomas is gone.

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
Was pretty popular in Chicago a few years back, but I guess most consider him being stick-a-fork-in-him done

Card Magnet

Jan 24, 2009
Pennsylvania
He's one of my favorite players. Pauly used to get some hype when the Sox took the Series, but not so much anymore. I've never really heard anything about how he is as a person though. I'm pretty sure he's always been a team player though.

The Sox may be trading him off before too long. He has the ability to void any trade because of his vet status, but said that he would comply with anywhere they wanted to send him. Ozzie Guillen complimented him for it.

My favorite baseball card, period :
00fleerautographicsau.gif

200lbhockeyplayer

Aug 10, 2008
It's funny that the White Sox have been a media/hobby death trap when a just few miles north at Wrigley it has the opposite effect.

Magglio Ordonez always ran under the radar there as well.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
Brewer Andy said:
Was pretty popular in Chicago a few years back, but I guess most consider him being stick-a-fork-in-him done
done at age 33?

ChasHawk

Sep 4, 2008
Belvidere, Illinois
200lbhockeyplayer said:
It's funny that the White Sox have been a media/hobby death trap when a just few miles north at Wrigley it has the opposite effect.

Magglio Ordonez always ran under the radar there as well.

Yup. The only South Side hobby love I ever see is for Thomas, Thome, and a little for Bo Jackson.

Konerko and Jermaine Dye are both pretty good hitters, but get little attention if any.

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
ScannedPhoto-13_edited.jpg

Have a ton of different rookies laying all over the place. Not sure which is the one to own?

Brewer Andy

Aug 10, 2008
hofautos said:
Brewer Andy said:
done at age 33?

Wow, didn't realize he's only 33. Of course even at 33, probably past or coming out of his prime.

hofautos

Aug 29, 2008
Y4NK335 said:
ScannedPhoto-13_edited.jpg

Have a ton of different rookies laying all over the place. Not sure which is the one to own?

I just picked up a bowmans best refractor this am after seeing his numbers...
4b37_1.jpg

Y4NK335

Aug 7, 2008
TBD
hofautos said:
I just picked up a bowmans best refractor this am after seeing his numbers...
4b37_1.jpg

Very nice.

I know I have probably at least 5 more rookies laying around, some are doubles of the first two in my scan. Not sure about the rest.

He does have good career numbers and it is odd that he is never mentioned for anything.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts