Welcome to our community

Be apart of something great, join today!

MiLB 5/9/09

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bballcardkid

Aug 7, 2008
Lexington, Kentucky
Henry Sosa continues to pitch well, despite his worst outing of the season (oxymoron?). Connecticut has one of the best, if not the best pitching staff in all of the minors.

5IP 7H 2R 2ER 3BB 3K 2.57ERA

Ryan Strieby with another big game

1-3 HR (9) 3RBI

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
This isn't from today (it's from lastnight), but has anyone paid any attention to Double-A's Eerie SeaWolves Brooks Brown (probably not as he's not a strikeout pitcher)? He's been outstanding thus far this year! He's won 4 games straight, has a 1.14 ERA through 5 games, though only has 9K's.... I don't have much into him but I like to check up on him to see how he's doing & I'm just kinda shocked how well he's progressing! :D

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
bballcardkid said:
Henry Sosa continues to pitch well, despite his worst outing of the season (oxymoron?). Connecticut has one of the best, if not the best pitching staff in all of the minors.

1-3 HR (9) 3RBI

Strieby is a monster, he's batting .462 with 4 homeruns and 9 RBI in his last four games. Leading the league in homers and RBI, and is 2nd in OPS and 3rd in Slugging %. His final line this year is gonna be scary.

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
Wilkin Ramirez is off to a nice start too going 1 for 1 with his 13th stolen base of the year.

He's really improved this part of his game as he is 13 for 14 now stealing bases. He has also cut down on the strikeouts which was another concern last year. I see him as another Curtis Granderson type of player for Detroit who can do a little bit of everything, and I wouldn't be surprised to see him up by the all-star break.

mwashuc06

Aug 7, 2008
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
bballcardkid said:

1-3 HR (9) 3RBI

Strieby is a monster, he's batting .462 with 4 homeruns and 9 RBI in his last four games. Leading the league in homers and RBI, and is 2nd in OPS and 3rd in Slugging %. His final line this year is gonna be scary.

Is He the next Ryan Howard?

Jaypers

Aug 7, 2008
IL
Ruggiano hit 3 jacks today, including a grand slam.

Brignac went deep as well. He's having a great season.

Huffamaniac

Oct 8, 2008
I have picked up a few of his cards lately. He is having a pretty nice run

HoustonTeams4Me said:
This isn't from today (it's from lastnight), but has anyone paid any attention to Double-A's Eerie SeaWolves Brooks Brown (probably not as he's not a strikeout pitcher)? He's been outstanding thus far this year! He's won 4 games straight, has a 1.14 ERA through 5 games, though only has 9K's.... I don't have much into him but I like to check up on him to see how he's doing & I'm just kinda shocked how well he's progressing! :D

All The Hype

Aug 7, 2008
Indianapolis
mwashuc06 said:
ALL_THE_HYPE said:
bballcardkid said:

1-3 HR (9) 3RBI

Is He the next Ryan Howard?

I think that would be too big of a claim for anyone to make at this point, but he's definitely proved that he has enormous power as he has been a homerun and RBI machine his entire career.

He crushed the Lakeland homerun record AND led the league in homers and RBI last season without even playing the last 6 weeks (due to injury), but he's picked up where he left off this year in Double-A.

I'd love to see him become the next Ryan Howard and although I'm not going to make that claim, it definitely could be possible if he keeps cranking the ball like he has.

The best part for investors/collectors is that he only has one first year card (2008 Bowman), so it's nice and simple to know what to buy...and they're still surprisingly cheap for how well he has played.

moxacaine

Administrator
Aug 7, 2008
Fredericksburg, VA
Huffamaniac said:

HoustonTeams4Me said:

nice to see he is putting it back together. he was pretty decent a few years ago but really struggled last year.

HoustonTeams4Me

Sep 9, 2008
Devaris Gordon has been SMOKING HOT as of late!! :shock: :eek: Thus far tonight he is 3-for-5 with 3-Runs & 1-RBI! :D

Austin Gallagher is 2-for-3 w/1BB & 1-RBI.

Jesus Montero was 2-for-5 w/2-Doubles & 2RBI's! ;)

Pedro Alvarez (1st gm today) 1-for-2 w/1-Double, 2-Runs, & 2BB
(2nd GM) 2-for-5 with a BOMB (HR), 1-Run, & 4RBI's!!! :eek: :D

Chris Carter (A's) is 2-for-4 thus far w/1-Double & 1RBI.

soxrchamps07

Aug 7, 2008
HoustonTeams4Me said:
Devaris Gordon has been SMOKING HOT as of late!! :shock: :eek: Thus far tonight he is 3-for-5 with 3-Runs & 1-RBI! :D

Austin Gallagher is 2-for-3 w/1BB & 1-RBI.

Jesus Montero was 2-for-5 w/2-Doubles & 2RBI's! ;)

Pedro Alvarez (1st gm today) 1-for-2 w/1-Double, 2-Runs, & 2BB
(2nd GM) 2-for-5 with a BOMB (HR), 1-Run, & 4RBI's!!! :eek: :D

Chris Carter (A's) is 2-for-4 thus far w/1-Double & 1RBI.

Sorry bud but Gallagher went 0-3 :( .

XdanX

Aug 7, 2008
phillyfan0417 said:
Dominic Brown so far is 4 for 5 with a HR and 6 RBI's

Definately made up for last night lol. He is just on a wicked streak right now up to .330!

BowmanChromeAddict

Aug 8, 2008
Downingtown, PA
moxacaine said:
Huffamaniac said:

HoustonTeams4Me said:

nice to see he is putting it back together. he was pretty decent a few years ago but really struggled last year.

I've got a whole lot of Brown...just not a whole lot into him. His stuff was dirt cheap. These are two of the nicer cards I've got sitting around hoping and waiting on a little hype.

brown06bcdpbluerefauto17of150bgs95.jpg
brown06sterlingblackref19of25bgs95.jpg

jjj7880

Aug 7, 2008
Cody Johnson
2-3 2B, 1 R , 1BB. He raised his average to .280 :D

.280 9 HR 18 RBI

Heyward batting .250 4 HR 11 RBI
Freeman batting .263 4 HR 19 RBI

Who is the best hitter for Myrtle Beach??? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Members online

Latest posts